Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Red White and Blue



Today I'm just sharing a quilt top I finished using some older scraps that have been in my stash for quite some time. When you are a long time quilter, you end up with fabric bits that you just don't want to use in your contemporary projects.  I thought this would be a good way to use them up.







While this would have been awesome in more modern fabrics, I really am pleased with how it turned out.

It was made from 2 1/2" strips.  Very easy and quick!!








It sure looks pretty photographed around my gardens.









I might have to move it up in the quilting queue and get it done so I can use it this summer for picnics!



Sharing this finish with Show & Tell Tuesday at I have to Say, Sew Cute Tuesday at Better Off Thread and WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced.

16 comments:

Susan at TheBoredZombie.com said...

I think it is pretty great in not so modern fabrics! Thanks so much for sharing it. :)

Anita said...

This quilt looks great. You have a really good color balance here. And your hydrangeas look great too! I agree, it would be nice to have for picnics.

maryandpatch.blogspot.com said...

Great Quilt! The perfect examples of how you can make a rather simple design, very vibrant by using color vibrations! Congratulations.

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

It looks great and your photography shows its beauty so well.

trish said...

Your quilt looks fabulous! :o)

knottygnome said...

it's so bright and bold! great pattern.

Sara said...

very patriotic looking which is perfect for our upcoming celebration of our country!! Lovely quilt!

AmandaK@whatthebobbin said...

Love this. It is really striking.

Kathleen said...

Picnic is exactly what I thought of when I saw the quilt spread out on the grass...great job!

Barb Neiwert said...

Great picnic quilt, indeed! You're ready for the Fourth!!!

thebutterflyquilter said...

I love the way this came out! Would be great for the 4th this coming week!

Anonymous said...

Wow. Love the colours and pattern of this quilt.

Paula@TheSassyQuilter said...

Looks like a great quilt for the fourth of July! I think you should move it up the list:)

Pamela said...

I really like this - nice colors!

Ruth said...

I have a picnic quilt with Dresdens in mind but can never seem to get to it. I could see myself sitting on this in the sunshine - it looks great - definitely picnic material!

ZeedleBeez said...

That quilt is gorgeous!!!

01 09 10