Saturday, August 24, 2013

Keeping it all Straight - QAL

 Definitely starting to see stars!

Amazingly, I am still keeping up with the Star Surround Quilt A-Long.  This week's homework was to sew some of the components for the surrounding star.  With my stars being far scrappier than the pattern calls for, it has been interesting keeping all the fabrics straight.




I have finally just laid them out on a few of my design walls so there are lovely stars everywhere!  
(Sorry about the dark photos but I am feeling a little under the weather lately and I just don't have the energy to retake them.)


 Stars are even spilling out of my sewing room and into my quilting studio.  As you can see, I have started sewing them together so they are a little easier to move around.  

My oh my do I love this quilt!!

Be sure and check out all the other Star Surround quilts at the Happy Quilting linky party. There are some beautiful color combinations to see.  I promise to take better photos soon so you can see the yummy colors and fun fabrics in my own blocks. These pictures really don't do it justice. 

...and welcome to all the new followers.  Sorry to all about today's short post.  I have been working on some new projects which I will share in a couple of days.



7 comments:

Melissa at My Fabric Relish said...

Oh, my! This is going to be stunning! I can't wait to see it all together! Good job lady!!

Lorna McMahon said...

Sorry to hear you are not feeling well, Cynthia. Hope you are better soon. Your stars are sew pretty! Looking forward to seeing the progress and what ever else you have been up to.

Jessica said...

Your stars are amazing! Looking forward to seeing it continue... and feel better!

Susan at TheBoredZombie.com said...

Looks awesome! Love it!

Melissa Corry said...

They look fantastic. That is so much to keep track of and you are doing amazing. Can't wait to see this all come together!!

Barb Neiwert said...

These colors and patterns make me smile. Thanks!

Joanie's Trendy Quilts said...

Your stars are incredible! Wow! You have such a good eye for color combinations. Yes! ditto to Melissa Corry! you are like the energized rabbit getting so much done!

01 09 10