Saturday, January 11, 2014

Sunday Stash - A Little Charley Harper

Thanks goodness I was not one of the many bloggers who put themselves on a fabric diet this year.  I knew if I had, I would be breaking that resolution early in the year!



And what is my first fabric purchase of 2014?  Why some Charley Harper of course!
(I have been patiently waiting for these lovelies to start appearing.)

Not sure what these will become but for now, I am just enjoying them as they are!


(images from Todd Oldham's book Charley Harper - An Illustrated Life)

I have been a long time fan of Charley Harper's artwork.  I am always getting out his books and dreaming of someday creating a quilt using his art as inspiration.  This one is one of my favorites!


(images from Todd Oldham's book Charley Harper - An Illustrated Life)

And his mosaic murals...They are almost a quilt-by-numbers!



I'll leave you by sharing one of my favorite pieces that hangs in my sewing room - It always makes me smile just looking at it!
http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/5198185

I'll be sharing this post with Molli Sparkles for Sunday Stash and Stitch by Stitch for Anything Goes Mondays.


19 comments:

Sarah @ mila+cuatro said...

I love Charley Harper's illustrations, and would LOVE to have some of the fabric in my stash!

Lorna McMahon said...

You have me feeling so jealous! I really admire those!

Sarah @ sarahquilts.com said...

Woah. Please please please create a quilt from one of those art pieces. That would be so cool.

Michelle@factotum-of-arts.com said...

I agree with Sarah, those pieces would make a great quilt :-)

Paula@TheSassyQuilter said...

Love them all, but the last one is super cute.

Michelle Bartholomew said...

Those images are begging to be made into quilts. You should definitely do it!

DaisyLiz said...

I had to come check out your Charley Harper! I've really enjoyed playing with mine. I've got a wall hanging and a pillow at the moment, but I'm hoping to put together a throw size quilt next. I look forward to seeing what you make with yours!!

DaisyLiz said...

I forgot to mention that I LOVE that cardinal in a birdbath. I can see why it makes you smile!

Molli Sparkles said...

Cardinals are my fave birds, so I must grab some of this! Thanks for linking up and making me want to shop! Haha

Quilting in the Deep South said...

Love the gorgeous Charlie Harper Fabrics. Can't wait to see what you will make with them.

Mokki said...

I love this fabric line. Its one of the best fabric lines I've seen for a while actually.I'd love to get hold of some myself, I haven't seen any being sold in the uk unfortunately. I can't wait to see what you make with it.

Jayne said...

This fabric is on my list. It is one of the best new lines of fabric I have seen lately!

Barb and Sharon said...

I love. Charlie Harper! We used him as an artist in our grade 1 class to study.
Barb@Witsend

jeifner said...

Oh I am so excited you bought the CH fabrics! I'm one of those that's supposed to be on a fabric fast but I do so like these fabrics and I'm glad at least someone has them and loves them :)

Kathy@KayakQuilting said...

Love the loon! Definitely inspiration for a quilt project!

Susan at TheBoredZombie.com said...

I love that cardinal print!! I might have to add that to my own stash one day! :)

Unknown said...

I love Charley Harper fabrics and just put in an order this week. Can't wait to see what wonderful things you make with these.

Unknown said...

What a great blog name! Quilting is much better then housework!

Chris Dodsley @made by ChrissieD said...

Bought the red cardinal fabric myself before Christmas - intending to make sleep shorts with it just not got around to it yet :D

01 09 10