Monday, October 6, 2014

Alphabet Blocks - DEF

I made a bit more progress on my alphabet blocks this week.  I am not quite caught up to the group but I am slowly gaining on them!  Temecula Quilt Company is posting a pattern for each letter at a rate  of about 2 letters a week.  I think they are up to the letter "I" but they go so quickly that if you started now, you can easily catch up.



This set I am making from all black scraps with light gray backgrounds. I plan on bordering each block in this set.  I hope to finalize a design and share plans next week.


This set will be made with soft blues and greens.  Various white scraps will be used for the backgrounds.  My current plan is to finish this quilt with some white scrappy sashing and use small print scraps for corner stones.



Now this set is going to be my problem children.  I am putting these together with no plan or reason as to the colors I am using.  I wanted to create a challenge for myself to come up with a plan to make them all work.  Bright scraps are used for the letters and low volume prints are being used in the background.

All of these blocks are coming out of my scrap bin.  I may have to repeat some of the fabrics but I am going to try and keep them all unique.  Because these blocks are only 4" finished, the tiniest of scraps can be used.



If you are interested in more ways to follow me, you can find me on Facebook, Pinterest, Bloglovin', Feedly, Instagram, Google +, or get my blog sent right to your email inbox by entering your email address on the right sidebar!
Want to Play Along?Linking up:

5 comments:

Sarah Goer Quilts said...

These are great. I'm only up to F at the moment too.

Astrid said...

Looks great! I have always had in mind to make an alphabet baby quilt... but not yet! :) Too many other things on the plate.

Marly said...

You certainly don't do things by halves, do you? I can't imagine making three at once AND trying to keep up! Not to mention all the other projects you have going. I just found this QAL this weekend and need to buy fabric for the background. Then I'll be trying to catch up too.

Lisa J. said...

It will be interesting to see how the different versions compare to one another.

Live a Colorful Life said...

Love the different versions!

01 09 10