Friday, November 28, 2014

Scrap-A-Palooza! Quilt #11 Finish

I hope those who celebrate had a wonderful Thanksgiving filled with family, friends and good food!  I am still trying to digest all the wonderful food I ate.  But I bet I will still find some room today for leftovers!

Before the holiday, I was able to get this month's Scrap-A-Palooza quilt onto my quilt frame and finished up. But before I show you the finished quilt, I want to review the steps that got us to this point.



The inspiration for this quilt was some leftover fabrics I had from some previous baby quilts.  In Part One of this quilt, I shared my desire to make an improv quilt using a simple method to ensure all the pieces went easily together.



In Part Two, I shared how how I was sewing the blocks together.  The whales, submarines and birds in this fabric sure made the piecing fun!




Last week, I explained how to break down the quilt into components for sewing.  In no time the quilt top was finished.



And here is the finished quilt!  The weather actually cooperated for a few minutes so I could snap some outdoor pictures.  Of course the ground was wet but it is Oregon and we are used to that!



For the quilting, I went with a simple little wave design.




And for the backing, I found a great Brandon Mabley print in a dark orange hiding in my stash.



The fabrics in this quilt top are by Dan Stiles for Birch Organic Fabrics.  The line is Marine.  The solids are all Konas in varying shades of orange and teal with a bit of white thrown in.

This quilt is 39" x 48".
The following block sizes were made for this layout:
4 - 12.5" Square
16 - 6.5" Square
33 - 3.5" Square
4 - 6.5 x 12.5 Rectangle
1 - 3.5 x 9.5" Rectangle

Can you believe that December is right around the corner....Yikes!
 

If you are interested in more ways to follow me, you can find me on Craftsy, Facebook, Pinterest, Bloglovin', Feedly, Instagram, Google +, or get my blog sent right to your email inbox by entering your email address on the right sidebar! 
 
Linking up:
 

12 comments:

Ruth said...

Love the quilting pattern and how this turned out. gorgeous!

Jasmine said...

So cute! I love the magic numbers and the quilting.

Yvonne @ Quilting Jetgirl said...

The quilting is the perfect touch to go with those fun fabrics. The backing print is fun and bright, too! Yay for another finish!

JanineMarie said...

Love this finish! The wave quilting is just right.

Rosa said...

Well done.It`s just fantastic and love your fabric combo!

Barb N said...

Perfect quilting for this quilt - I want to check out your stash sometime with all that fabric hiding there. Too much fun!

Η Πευκοβελόνα said...

Really cute quilt! I also have those fabrics, and haven't yet used in a quilt, glad to see them i a finished one!

Michele said...

Oh it turned out simply adorable!

Deanna said...

I am having fabric envy. I think my favorite print is that yellow and orange submarine!

Gemini Jen NZ said...

The colour scheme is to die for! I love it!

SewPsyched! said...

oh my goodness!! What could be cuter than that??!!
Another great quilt!
XX!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Yay!! Great finish!!!

01 09 10