Monday, July 20, 2015

Continuing Progress - Park Bench Quilt

I am still keeping up with my goal of completing two blocks a month on my Park Bench quilt.  I really like the blocks I finished this month.





The completion of these two blocks means I have just passed the halfway point.  Yep, I have 8 out of 15 blocks completed.  I have more pretty blue fabric pulled for the next two blocks.  August looks to be super busy, so I am hoping to start the cutting soon!



100 Quilts for Kids
I also want to give you all a heads up on an event I participate in each year.  Quilts in the Queue is hosting 100 Quilts for Kids again this year (sorry, only an old button is available right now).  The event this year will run August 1st - September 30th. 100 Quilts for Kids is an annual charity quilt drive to encourage quilters to make a quilt, donate it to a child in need (it can be in your local area), and be entered for fabulous prizes for your efforts.




If you are not familiar with the event, you can read more about it here.  And if you need some ideas for quick quilts using up some of your scraps, take a peak at the Scrap-A-APalooza Quilt Gallery for some inspiration.

I am off to start some new kids' quilts!
I would love it if you joined me!!


Linking Up:

Love Laugh Quilt
Patchwork Times
Cooking Up Quilts
BOMs Away 




14 comments:

Sandy Panagos said...

I really like the blocks you finished this month, too! Thanks for the heads-up on the 100 Quilts for Kids. I'll look into it.

Mary Huey said...

Thanks for the heads-up about 100 Quilts for Kids! I can do that!!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Those oranges just glow and look great! :)

Jayne said...

Good for your and your progress! It's hard to stay on track sometimes. I love your fabric choices in these!

Ruth said...

Very pretty blocks - this is going to b great when its all pulled together.

Rebecca Grace said...

Those blocks look fantastic! I really love your careful color and value selections and the way the cool blue/gray makes the deep orange pop.

Anja @ Anja Quilts said...

What a great idea. Thanks for sharing. Your Park Bench blocks are coming together nicely.

Marcy said...

Great blocks with unique colors. This is going to be a gorgeous quilt.

Brenda said...

I like your blocks, the orange fabrics are great. Good job in keeping up with your goal! Thanks for the information on 100 quilts for kids. I have never participated and will have to get signed up when the time comes. Thank you for sharing and have a great day!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That quilt is going to be besutiful! I also love the orange paired with the gray and blue. Orange is getting to be one of my favorite colors for quilting! Now that my company is gone and I am nack from visiting my mom, I'm anxious to get back to my seeing machine!

LA Paylor said...

complimentary color scheme, dynamic

Michelle @ From Bolt to Beauty said...

Woo hoo for steady progress on these beautiful blocks! They're looking great. : )

Sandra Walker said...

This is coming along so nicely, and reinforces how badly I want to make one of these quilts! Thanks for the info on the kid quilts; will check out the link.

Lynette said...

I'd be really happy with them, too! :D Way to go, keeping up with your monthly aim. The kids' wedding and all messed my BOM progress up big time for 2 or 3 months. Getting back into it as usual now, though. Thanks for linkin up at BOMs Away :)

01 09 10