For me, starting a new quilt can happen so quickly. A few scraps get sewn together just to see what they look like and then that leads to a few more seams. Before I know it, I have to add another quilt to my "out of control" WIP list.
Can you believe I started another Scrap Vortex quilt!
I have been sewing with a lot of black and white fabric lately so there are quite a few small pieces scattered around my cutting table. A scrap of red landed among them and I like how they looked.
As easy as that things get started!
I am not sure where this project is going. I think I will just finish that third component and get creative with some borders. It would make a great 100 Quilts for Kids project so we will see if I can get it finished by the end of September.
I had no intention of starting another quilt....But scraps are tricky that way!
So what have you made with your scraps this week?
If you haven't joined us before, here are the details for linking up:
- This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
- You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
- If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
- If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
- This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
- Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do!
So if you love scrappy projects, feel free to grab my button for your sidebar or posts and get ready to share all your wonderful projects from scraps. And if you have a great idea for using scraps and would like to be featured, feel free to contact me.
Love Laugh Quilt
Cooking Up Quilts