Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Quilty 365 - The Month of January

In a previous post, I shared how I was configuring my Quilty 365 weekly block.  I thought for the February link up, I would share my blocks for each week of January.  I know I always enjoy seeing what fabrics other quilters choose and I thought you might enjoy the same.


The year started on a Friday, so the first block of the month is mostly background.  The circle represents New Year's Day and for Saturday, because I finished the quilting on my blue and red scrappy quilt, I used some orphan blocks leftover from the project to finish out my block.


 The next week started with some snow Sunday night.  Which of course just turned to ice.  Tuesday was National Bird Day (so I had to put a bird on it!).  I think Wednesday I was just in a bad mood all day and angry at the world.  Thursday I finished the quilting on a couple of table runners.  And the week ended with me teaching a scrap class.



 In the second full week of January, two days were plaid wearing days, I made the decision to start embracing vegetables and I did a major maintenance on my longarm.  During the week, I also finished up my Jane Sassaman quilt top.


 Week three started out gray but Monday was sunny and beautiful.  I also finally sold a quilt after months of going without a sale.  I attempted to work in the yard a bit but I just became a big muddy mess.  And the week ended with me selling a big queen size quilt!  (I was even able to find a few scraps left over from when I finished it months ago.)



And finally last week, I quilted up my Jane Sassaman quilt, went to the dentist, and finished my Park Bench quilt top.  There was also a circle for the sun shining and the feeling of spring I had.  I even dug through my Sew Kitschy fabric pile to try and get inspired to finish up my kitchen wallhanging.

Quilty Folk


I have to admit, I am really enjoying this project and am having no problems keeping up.  It is a favorite part of my day deciding what fabric to choose and sewing up the circle.  A big thanks to Audrey at Quilty Folk for inviting quilters to join her in this project.  If you haven't checked out some of the other Quilty 365 projects, you should take a look.  Each quilt is as unique as each quilter!




Linking Up:

Love Laugh Quilt (Monday Making)
Patchwork Times (Design Wall Monday)
Cooking Up Quilts (Main Crush Mondays)
Em's ScrapBag (Moving it Forward)
Quilty Folk (Quilty 365)







13 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your blocks are so interesting and creative! I enjoyed hearing the stories of your weeks!

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Love your creative circles and stories to match!

gayle said...

I love your using the blocks as a journal. Such a lovely way to wrap yourself in memories!

Kimberly Smith said...

Love the innovative setting. I gotta get started on my 365's before it's too late!

audrey said...

Had to laugh at the day you were angry with the whole world. I think we've all been there once or twice! So interesting to read about how the fabric is being chosen and the blocks develop!

em's scrapbag said...

Fun to read about your circle choices. Really like how you are putting them together. Thanks for linking up.

Quilting Babcia said...

This was such a fun post to read your journal of your days and seeing their corresponding fabrics. You're creating a wonderful quilt top.

Lara B. said...

What a fun way to do your Quilty 365 Cyndy! Not only does it look great, but it's like a journal in fabric. Are you writing out each day too in a paper journal>

Sharon - IN said...

What a great way to document your weeks. I like your setting for your circles!

Maryse said...

Like you, I have no problem keeping up with this project, they are so much fun to make? Your circles look good, nice work!!

the zen quilter said...

Looking mighty fine! I can't wait to see the finished product.

liniecat said...

Absolutely wonderful the way the blocks will sit together !

Ann said...

Making a week's worth of circles on pieced backgrounds is very interesting. Great choices.

01 09 10