Fairly recently, I pulled a number of fabrics from my Kaffe Fassett stash to make a big quilt for my bed. I now have everything cut but rather than put the leftover fabrics in my stash and scrap bins, I decided to cut them up and sew up another quilt top. The fabrics all coordinated nicely so why not.
The smaller scraps were all cut into 2.5" squares and made into 9 patches. The larger chunks were cut into 6.5" squares. Once I had everything up on the design wall, I pulled down a row at a time and used them as a leader/ender project.
In no time at all, I had a finished quilt.
For the quilting, I went with my go-to edge to edge flower design.
It worked really well with all of the Kaffe florals.
I even had an older Martha Negley twig print that was the perfect size for the backing. The quilt finishes at about 50 x 60. It will probably end up in my Etsy shop so contact me if you are interested in it. I am focusing a bit on sewing up my extensive Kaffe stash so you will be seeing a number of projects with his fabrics in the near future.
A Quilted Passion
Persimmon Dreams (Scrap Quilt Challenge)