Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Summer Solstice QAL - HSTs

So. Many. HSTs.

Our "homework" this week for the Summer Solstice Quilt Along with Happy Quilting is to make all of the Half Square Triangles.  I am making the 9 block layout so there were a lot of HSTs to be sewn and trimmed.



For me, that meant making 216!  I am going to use two different background colors and I am making some of the block components in the same fabrics for all the blocks.

In other words - I am making it much harder on myself!  :)

To see what others are using for fabric choices, you can check them out here.


Linking Up:

9 comments:

Alison V. said...

These look awesome! I am going to start on mine tonight -- all of my stars are going to be the same colors too. :)

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

HSTs are such a great way to make components for a quilt, but I do bog down when so many need to get made! Congratulations on getting 216 completed.

Melissa Corry said...

They all look fantastic ;) And yes, there were a whole lot of them but they look oh so pretty in all of those little piles ;) And I love your 2 colored background, it is going to be awesome!!!

Heidi said...

I am so tempted by this one, Mystery's are my favorite QAL's. I'll have to live vicariously:) Love your colors!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That is a lot of HSTs! But such pretty colors! I really like the bright oranges with the darker backgrounds. Looking forward to seeing how this quilt comes together, with your hints about the different background colors making me so curious!

SandraC said...

Love your fabric choices! I'm only doing a baby quilt size....so much fewer HST's required for mine!

Jayne said...

You really do have your work cut out for you! HST's are always a chore to make! I did an unscientific test on making them and honestly, they go together much quicker than we think. It's just tedious!

Lara B. said...

That's a heckuvalotta HST's. I love your color scheme Cyndy!

Kitty | Night Quilter said...

Great color choices! That sure is a lot of HST, but I bet it will be worth it!

01 09 10