Friday, September 30, 2016

100 Quilts for Kids

Every year, I participate in an event called 100 Quilts for Kids.  The traveling event usually occurs in the fall and this year, it is being hosted by Alyson at The Hasty Quilter.  I haven't seen a lot of promotion on the event but it looks like this year the link up is staying open for 3 months.  
So there is still ample time if you want to participate.




The timing of the event is always perfect for me to donate my Rainbow Scrap Challenge quilts.  This year, I was able to make two quilts form the blocks I made.  I finally had an opportunity to get my tops quilted last weekend and they are now ready to be delivered.




 I donate my quilts to a local organization called Bags of Love.  They in turn distribute them to agencies that aid and support children in my area.



Every month, I made two blocks in the RSC chosen color.  To finish off the quilts, I made some additional yellow and black blocks.  The backings were either from fabric passed on to me from a friend who couldn't use it or from my stash pile.

I am already thinking about what blocks I am going to make in 2017.  I like to keep them simple and of course, they need to all come from the scrap bin.

I will probably share the blocks I have planned for next year when the RSC color is announced for October.  So stay tuned!




Linking Up:

Crazy Mom Quilts (Finish it up Friday)
So Scrappy for RSC16
The Hasty Quilter 

20 comments:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Beautiful quilts - they will be loved!!!

Amy said...

Round of applause for these two finishes. I like the way that you think in your choices for RSC. It will be fun to see what block you choose for next year. And thanks for the heads up where 100 Quilts for Kids is this year. I

Jo said...

Well done on your finishes. Great charity quilts.

Jan @Cocoa Quilts said...

Love how these turned out They will put a smiles on some kids faces

Little Black Cat Quilting said...

Such lovely quilts, I am sure they will make some kids feel vey loved. :)

Judy said...

Great charity quilts! I will be following you on ideas for the next series of RSC.

Alison V. said...

These are awesome! Way to put those RSC projects to good use. :)

AmyScrapSpot said...

Such a wonderful cause and Beautiful quilts!

Rachel said...

Very cute! Great use of your scraps!

Jasmine said...

Congrats on the beautiful finish. The recipients will love these bright quilts.

Kate said...

Such bright and fun quilts going to a very good cause.

gayle said...

Those quilts are beautiful, and perfect hugs for kids who need them!
I'm looking forward to seeing what you choose for next year. I'm starting to dither about that, myself!

Mari said...

Wow, you're so good! RSC quilts already finished! These are lovely and I'm sure they will make some children happy. Nice work!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Lovely finishes for a wonderful cause!!

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Two sweet quilts, they will be loved I'm sure, and it's such a lovely way to use up your scraps too!

Beausoleil Quilts said...

you are so organised and so generous.

PaulaB quilts said...

Two deserving little kids are going to be warm and snugly. The blocks look great together and the size seems just right.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I always love to see your quilts as flimsies and then again when you're finished quilting them! They have such beautiful texture! Perfect for a couple of kids to snuggle with!

Anonymous said...

Your quilts are so colorful....my grandkids, mostly adults, can never have too many quilts. Very nice!
Cynthia from northern Canada

Celtic Thistle said...

Two great finishes and a very worthy cause to support!

01 09 10