Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Blogger's Quilt Festival - Bunny Quilt


Twice a year, Amy Ellis hosts the Blogger's Quilt Festival.  It is an event I always look forward to because it gives me an opportunity to explore new bloggers who are sharing some of their favorite recent finishes.



It is a digital quilt show!



You are allowed to link up two quilts so I thought for my first quilt, I would share my Bunny quilt I made last May.  It is a really large throw and my go-to quilt when I am feeling blue.  

A big pink bunny really cheers you up!




All of the fabrics were in my stash.  Almost all of the squares are 2.5" but I did use some 4.5" squares that I already had cut.  I like how they break up the pattern a bit.



I even had two larger cuts of some pink fabrics tucked away that worked perfectly for the backing.  I didn't want the two prints touching so I added in a navy print to break them up.



One of my quilting customers was nice enough to be a quilt holder for me.  

It is silly and whimsical - Who wouldn't want a pink bunny quilt!



Here are some links to quilt entries from past events.

Fall 2016: Colorwash Tumber
Fall 2016: Bamboo Shoots

Fall 2015: ROYGBIV Circles
Fall 2015: Scrappy Pineapple

Spring 2015: Rainbow 9 Patch
Spring 2015: Life is a Highway

Fall 2014: Wiggle Time
Fall 2014: Vertical Scraps


Spring 2014: Appliqued Flowers
Spring 2014: Geese Migration


Fall 2013: Star Surround


Quilting is more fun than Housework


If this is your first visit here, I invite you to stop in here on Sundays to link up your scrappy projects with Oh Scrap!  Even if you don't have a scrap project, you can check out all the wonderful projects other quilters are making with theirs!


15 comments:

scraphappy said...

Who wouldn't love a giant pink bunny? So much fun.

Karen S said...

This quilt is loads of fun and looks wonderful. So many tiny pieces! you are patient!

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

So cute! I like the quilting in it too.

PaintedThread said...

What a fun quilt. The pink and the navy/black are lovely together.

Cheryl said...

I love this! The little bunny tail is so cute and I love how you quilted the quilt.

Mystic Quilter said...

I'm in love with this Bunny quilt!!!! So very cute and I like the all over quilting.

Kate said...

Such a fun quilt! Love that little tail at the bottom. It's perfect.

Jasmine said...

I love this bunny quilt! I never noticed before the quilting on the tail. It is awesome.

Pamela said...

So cute!

somethingrosemade14@blogspot.com said...

I love this quilt. Now I know why you needed to replenish the pink stash. Your navy stash looks like it was put to good use also.

Tu-Na Quilts said...

Yes, who wouldn't want a pink bunny quilt that is this cute? Love it.

Kristin said...

What fun!! I would name that quilt "Little Bunny FuFu"!! =)

The Joyful Quilter said...

A pink bunny quilt is SEW much better than pink bunny slippers!!!

Miaismine said...

Ok. Now this quilt is beyond cute and fun! I love the depth the varying colors offer! It looks so snuggly! Thank you for sharing!

Anonymous said...

This would be an adorable baby quilt! Thanks for the idea.

01 09 10