Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Some Stash Additions

It has been so long since I purchased any fabric!
But it seems I went a little crazy last week and bought quite a few items to add to my stash.


My favorite store in Corvallis Oregon will be closing this summer.  I am really bummed about it.  The ladies who run it are retiring so I really do wish them the best.  I thought I would give them a good send off by stocking my stash with a few items one can always use.  I bought some large cuts of these lovely crossweaves.  I always have lots of uses for these!



 I also saw a bunch of low volume fabrics in their sale area.  My stash of these types of fabrics needed some variation added so I was happy to include these in my purchase.



Later that evening, I presented a Trunk Show in a nearby town and the guild there had a huge bin of older crossweave plaids they were selling for just $2 a yard.  I really wanted the whole tub but just made these purchases before the meeting.



Okay, so after the meeting, I went back a second time and bought more.  You just can't find these anymore and I just love to see them in my scrappy quilts.  Or maybe they will become a quilt all  by themselves.  If they hadn't packed up so quickly, I would have probably gone back a third time!

So between my new stash additions and the recent bag of scraps from a friend, the activity in my sewing room has risen to a frenzied level.  There is a lot of things going on in there that I will certainly be sharing in the very near future!





Linking Up:

19 comments:

julieQ said...

OH yes...I would have wanted the whole tub too! Gorgeous additions to your stash!

Libby in TN said...

Those crossweaves are gorgeous blenders; I don't blame you at all for caving.

Clare M said...

Great buying in both instances Cynthia. It's always so sad when a store you like closes. It takes some time to establish a new favourite where everything just fits your style.

Tami Von Zalez said...

Here I was complaining about my plaids, I have a tub full of that type of fabric, and didn't realize you can't find them anymore. For sure, I will be hanging on to them now.

Barb Neiwert said...

LOL, just had to go back for more. Awesome! Those plaids will work up quite nicely into a lot of your works. That's sad about your favorite shop going out of business. It's tough out there.

Vesuviusmama said...

Wow! Lots of fun new stuff! I'm always on the lookout for low volume fabrics.

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

I'm glad to hear the store is closing for retirement and I wish them well in the transition.

Pamela Arbour said...

Those were all good purchases. I think I would have caved in and bought the whole tub! LOL

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those are all beautiful and useful purchases! I bet your creative brain is in overdrive right now! :)

Marianne said...

I agree, good quality homespuns are impossible to find now. You got a great selection!

cityquilter grace said...

very nice stash enhancement...those low volume pieces are quite nice...are they from one fabric line or several? i might need some of those myself...

Kate said...

You made some great choices for you stash enhancement. Those plaids are all so pretty, love the colors you picked out. Have fun playing with those pretties.

Louise said...

Nothing like some new fabric to get the creative juices flowing! I love the crosshatched brights especially; always so useful! And good low volumes are hard to find. Your stash of homespuns should be good and ready for an all plaid quilt now :)

sewyouquilt2 said...

Great new stash. I would not have had any restraint lol.one quilt show the lady asked if I was saving any for them and I said no.lol

Unknown said...

I'll be interested in seeing what you do with your plaids. I have some of the same fabrics that I was about to give away!
I'm always sad when I hear that quilt shops are closing. One of my favorites, The Pine Needle in Lake Oswego, OR, closed recently. I no longer live in the area but it still was sad.

Jayne said...

You went hog wild!!! I certainly don't blame you at all. I'm totally bummed about the Corvallis shop closing! We were hoping to take a trip there in the near future to visit my husbands mother and step dad! Darn it! but the good news is you got some beautiful fabrics and I know you'll use every bit of them!

karenbbsnow said...

Oh, you lucky girl! Have fun with your growing stash.

SarahZ said...

Fun fun fun additions! I have added several crossweaves (Quilting Treasures) to my stash lately too...they are wonderful!

Anonymous said...

The “homespun” woven are making a comeback! They work nicely with the linen type weaves that are out now.i definitely see a trend of 1980’s fabrics back in style. Watch for garage sales and estate sales to find some good deals.

01 09 10