Friday, March 15, 2019

A Quick Finish

Last April, one of my sisters came to visit me and asked if I would make her a tablerunner in spring colors.  I jumped at the request and immediately took her to my fabric stash so she could pick out some fabric/colors she liked.

She picked three Kaffe Fassett prints that were all similar colors and values.  Whenever I tried to add in some nice contrast colors, they were quickly vetoed.

So the fabric has sat in a pile!


I pondered these fabrics often trying to come up with a design.
It finally dawned on me that I just needed to keep it simple.  It was the prints she liked and really didn't want any piecing.


 So for this side, I added in a tiny border detail that complimented the Kaffe Fassett dahlia print.



Then I used the Phillip Jacobs cabbage print she picked out on the back.  Now she can use whichever side she desires to display and enjoy these pretty prints.

And I have another corner cleared off of my cutting table!




Linking Up:


9 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that was a good idea - it is really nice looking I think

Libby in TN said...

Great solution!

Barb Neiwert said...

It's always surprising when simple is best, eh? She will love this.

Michelle @ From Bolt to Beauty said...

I'm sure your sister will enjoy this beauty!

I have a pile of Christmas fabrics, and I'm hoping to make similarly quick and easy runners for my kids' teachers. : )

cityquilter grace said...

very nice and springy too...when is the orphan adoption please?

chrisknits said...

What a great and simple idea to just add some color to a room! Now I will look at bold prints a little differently.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That really is a great idea for making a quick table runner - and reversible, too! I bet your sister will love this!

sewyouquilt2 said...

Looks great. Sometimes simple is best

Vicki in MN said...

It is amazing sometimes how quick we are to set something aside and work on something new! I have so much going on n the sewing room and add to that all the stuff I brought home with me-eek! But good for you to keep it simple and get it done:)

01 09 10