Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Orphan Blocks

I was doing a bit of clean up in my sewing room - and when I went to stuff a few more orphan blocks into my little storage suitcase, I found there was NO MORE ROOM!




So that means it is time for me to design a few quilt tops so I can make some space!

Stay tuned to see what I find!!


Quilting is more fun than Housework

Looking at my orphan blocks and spare parts, reminded me that September is the month I usually host a Quilty Orphan Adoption Event.  And it is coming up fast!  I am planning on the link up going live first thing on Thursday 12th and continuing through midnight on Saturday the 14th.

This event has been happening twice a year for over three years.  We will see how much participation we have this fall.
I am thinking many of you have cleaned up those older unwanted UFOs....

But maybe not....


If you want to read a little more about this event, you can go here and here.
I already have an item all picked out to hand off to someone else!




Time to see if you have any unwanted UFO or item you are ready to send off to someone else!

7 comments:

Linda White said...

Wow, now that suitcase is a treasure chest filled with gold for sure! I love getting orphan blocks from those who don't want to use them and putting them together into wonderful quilt tops. I love puzzles and these are the pieces for my favorite kind of quilt!!

Pamela Arbour said...

I am confident that you will come up with some beautiful projects!

Chantal said...

Can't wait to see what will come out of that suitcase. You always inspire me with your orphan block quilts. No pressure, just saying. ;^)

Toni Macomb said...

I am looking forward to the Adoption Event. I have participated once with 3 items. This time I have identified two that I want to pass along and maybe even even more than that.

Rebecca Grace said...

Well, the orphan blocks you've been stuffing into that little suitcase sure look tantalizing! I don't have nearly as many orphan blocks, and the ones I do have unfortunately are totally different fabrics and color schemes from one another. Yours all play in the Bright and Playful corner of the playground, from what I can see in your photo. It would be fun to get them up on the design wall and see how many of them can live together in the same wild quilt!

KaHolly said...

That’s quite a collection of orphan blocks! Love the suitcase! I have an old suitcase in one of my closets. I must pull it out to see if it’s container worthy! If it’s going to take up space, it might as well serve a purpose!

Kate said...

Lots of fun bits and pieces to play with. Looking forward to seeing what comes together from them.

01 09 10