Friday, January 22, 2021

Another Colorful Finish

 I am definitely starting this year out with a bunch of colorful finishes.  This week I have another scrappy quilt made with my Kaffe Fassett fabrics.



For this quilt I used mostly warm colored scraps.  I chopped them all into 4.5" wide strips and just started sewing.  



I pulled a cantaloupe colored background piece I bought at Connectng Threads last year.  I looked to see if they still have it but couldn't find it.  They always have lots of Blenders to choose from and rotate the patterns often. 




This design is one of my Scrap-A-Pallooza designs.  I have made it quite a few times over the year. 
 



With all the floral prints, I decided to quilt it with some daisy chain quilting.  It is whimsical and makes me smile.  It is actually the same way I quilted my personal quilt in this design - I use it almost every day!




I dug through my Kaffe Fassett Collective stash and found a few bigger pieces that I could use as a backing.  This jungle print has always been a favorite of mine.

If you are a Kaffe Fassett fan, you might want to check out the prints currently on sale at Connecting Threads. Or if you don't have a lot of scraps but love this quilt, you can get a Jelly Roll here on sale and make something similar. His fabrics are always so rich in color!

I still have lots of Kaffe Fassett scraps and more pieces of his in my stash so I have been thinking a lot about the next quilt.  I have an idea forming but I am making myself finish a few other projects before I can start anything.  I am feeling a bit overwhelmed with all the projects going on right now!

Enjoy your weekend Eveyone.  
I think we are supposed to get some snow soon (blech) so I will be busy protecting some plants in my yard.  I live in Oregon because we don't get snow....😡


15 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Nice finish- it looks all together designed- not just scraps sewn together.

cityquilter grace said...

that is so very pretty....nice finish indeed

Bernie Kringel said...

Pretty setting for the columns. Funny because this week I have been cutting rectangles for a coin quilt of sorts. I like the offset rows you have done here.

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

The cantaloupe is an unexpected background color for me, and I like how it makes me want to look at the quilt top more.

Vicki W said...

I agree with Linda, it doesn't read as scrappy because of the structure and palette.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

The cantaloupe background fabric is so perfect with your bright Kaffe scraps! I love how this one turned out!

Florida Farm Girl said...

What a great way to use up scraps and turn out something rather quickly. I like it.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats on another super scrappy Kaffe quilt finish, Cynthia!!

Anonymous said...

So bright and happy! I love it!

Michelle
https://mybijoulifeonline.com

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Bright always speak to me. I like the setting, the backing and the quilting pattern. Such a happy quilt!

Louise said...

Beautiful! And I know it must be butter-soft, too. Kaffe fabrics have such a wonderful hand. Congrats on this scrappy and fun finish :)

scraphappy said...

Crossing a finish off the list is a good way to have fewer projects on going. Still, new project keep popping up. All part of the cycle though. It would be sad not to have any projects to work on.

PamelaK said...

SCRAPPY QUILTS...these have been my FAVORITE lately as I work on using up my stash of bits and pieces!! Lovely with the colorful background and off set rows!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

WOW!! I was not a huge fan of those colors until you put it with the melon - what a stunning quilt this makes!!! Your backing is fabulous!

Mystic Quilter said...

Goes without saying that I adore this Kaffe quilt, love the arm colours and that you have used varying width of fabrics.

01 09 10