Thursday, May 9, 2013

Starting a New Quilt

 I have had a pile of fabric sitting in my studio for about a year just waiting to be cut into.  I decided today was the day!  I am meeting some friends soon for a day of sewing so I thought I would have this project cut so I could assemble it then.



 Here are the focus fabrics and colors of the quilt.  I thought they would be a fun spring project.





The Jack in the Pulpit fabric is by Jane Sassaman from her older Sunshine and Shadows line.

This colorway is not something I would normally work in but as a shade gardner, I just love this print and couldn't resist when I saw a bunch of it for sale at a deep discount.







I snatched up some of this fabric when it first came out but in the blue colorway.  Here is a wall hanging I made that hangs in my hallway.  It is a piece I have always loved.









Well, back to cutting.  Hopefully next week I will have a finished top to share with you!




Linking up with Really Random Thursday, and Whoop Whoop Fridays.


7 comments:

Budsmam said...

Really beautiful fabrics, can't wait to see what you make with them

Susan at TheBoredZombie.com said...

I love them! I bet you come up with something pretty amazing. :)

Paula@TheSassyQuilter said...

Hi Cynthia,
I am now following you on bloglovin'! Love the fabrics! The calla lily is beautiful and the design on the wall hanging suits it well. Looking forward to following your blog:)

Anonymous said...

I so love that wallhanging!!! That first colorway is lovely, too. Looking forward to the reveal!!! Hugs, Doreen

Live a Colorful Life said...

That Jane Sassaman fabric is stunning!

Sarah Craig said...

Gorgeous colors - I can't wait to see what you make with it! Whoop whoop!!

Chris Dodsley @made by ChrissieD said...

That fabric is just incredible - I haven't seen it before and I really love it in the blue colourway and what you've done with that wall hanging. I've pinned the fabric for future reference! :)

01 09 10