Thursday, January 9, 2014

Finish-A-Long Goals for 1st Quarter

With so many half finished projects around my sewing room, my goal this year is to finish up as many as I can.  Last year I found participating in the 2013 Finish A-Long hosted by Leanne at she can quilt was a great way for me to stay on track.  This year, Katy at The Littlest Thistle will be the host.

So for the first quarter of 2014, here is what I hope to achieve!




Need to get all the blue string blocks littering my sewing room sewn up and into a quilt top.  I also want to get it finished and bound before the end of the quarter.

Guess I should figure out a layout soon and see where I am at on the block assembly...








I have two tab-topped curtains that need to be sewn for my new kitchen.  I now have all the fabric so I just need to find the time to get them done! 









It is time for this shadow box quilt top to get quilted up.  It is one of 11 tops that have been hanging in the closet waiting for time on my longarm.  

This is one of the older ones and it needs to get moved up the queue!

  (I believe we have seen this one on a goal list before!  Obviously it was a fail.)





And finally, I pulled these fabrics to make Amy Smart's Rainbow Connection quilt about a month ago.  Rather than put it all back, I'm making this my 4th goal.  Hope for a finish by the end of March!






With everything else I have planned, this list looks pretty daunting!  But with some productive time in my sewing room and some cheering on from all of you, I think I am up for the challenge.

Wish me luck!! I am going to need it!

Finish Along 2014


Linking up with Needle and Thread Thursday at My Quilt Infatuation.

11 comments:

Mokki said...

You've got some lovely quilts on the go there. When the fabrics your working with are really pretty it makes it easier to find motivation to keep working with them, and you've chosen some nice ones. I love the blues, the green and purple top reminds me of spring (refreshing this time of year :)) and the reds and browns are a great combo. I make purses and when I have to make a bunch of them the same it can bore me to tears, but all of the projects and colours you've chosen are so different it shouldn't be a boring quarter! I'm looking forward to seeing them finished up. Go for it girl!

Jasmine said...

Looks like you have some fun projects to work on this quarter. Happy Quilting!

Rachaeldaisy said...

You'll be busy but in a fun colourful sewing way!!

Barb and Sharon said...

Love the fabric for the kitchen, very retro!
Barb@Witsend

Susan at TheBoredZombie.com said...

That's a big list! You never cease to amaze me though - I'm certain you can do it!

Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation said...

I just love the colors in your shadow box quilt. and I love your fabric pull for the Rainbow Connection quilt!

Thanks so much for linking up to Needle and Thread Thursday!

:) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

CapitolaQuilter said...

Looks like a wonderful list to me. Found you hopping around on Year-In-Review and really love your work. Good Luck in Q1

Tami C said...

Good luck to you! Sure looks like you have some fun projects ahead of you as well as some quilts that will be beautiful!

Sweet Woodruff said...

String blocks are my favorite and your kitchen curtain fabric is FAB-U-LOUS!! Can't wait to see them.

Katy Cameron said...

That looks like a reasonable list to me :o) Good luck!

Quilting Dee said...

Be your shadow box quilt! Love the design and fabrics! Your list of 'to do' projects is impressive!

01 09 10