Monday, January 12, 2015

The "I Think I Can" Q1 FAL List

It is now the time to make up my Q1 Finish Along list for our wonderful new host Adrianne who blogs at On the Windy Side.  Thanks Adrianne for taking on this challenge!


2015 FAL at On the Windy Side

 
For anyone new to this event, the Finish Along is easy to join. All you need to do is make a list of some UFOs you want to finish and link it up by the deadline. At the end of the quarter, you link up each project you finish from your list. Each qualified finish is an entry into the random draw for prizes from some lovely sponsors.





I did not fair very well the fourth quarter of last year so I hope to do a better job this quarter.  Here is my list:



 My Sew Kitschy paper pieced blocks have been finished for quite some time and the wall quilt needs to be finished and quilted so I can get it hanging in my kitchen.






And the last item for my kitchen, the dreaded curtains.  I have moved the fabric back up to the top of the pile and just need to make myself sew them.  Really, it has been almost a year now! 



I only have two really old quilt tops that have been waiting to get quilted.  And both are Sunbonnet Sue quilts made from a bunch of old blocks I inherited.  I think this quarter I will commit to having this black and red one quilted up and finished.




And finally, I am making the goal to get my second pattern (All That Jazz) published and available for purchase this quarter.  It is actually pretty close to being done so I think this goal is very achievable!


There is really no reason I cannot get to everything on this list.  It just comes down to me being not inspired to work on any of these projects.  I hope linking up with On the Windy Side with Adrianne will give me the nudge I need - otherwise, I think I might have to plan on a few rewards to give me a bit of incentive!




If you are interested in more ways to follow me, you can find me on Craftsy, Facebook, Pinterest, Bloglovin', Feedly, Instagram, Google +, or get my blog sent right to your email inbox by entering your email address on the right sidebar! 

  
Linking up:

12 comments:

Joanna @ Riddle and {Whimsy} said...

I love the colour palette you've used in your Sew Kitschy blocks.

Curtains are scary! When I moved into my house a couple of years ago, I bought the fabric and waited a few months for my mum to visit (from interstate) so she could make them for me instead lol!

One English Teacher said...

I love those blocks for your kitchen wall hanging! The design and the colors are so great!

Debby said...

You Sew Kitschy Blocks are great. I have yet to start mine, but was looking to use the same colors. What I would really love to know is about the curtain fabric. Where can I get some and does it match your counter tops?

Barb Neiwert said...

Oh, that's a great list of projects! I'm excited to see your kitchen all decked out - you're almost there! And a new pattern - get 'er done!

Jeneta said...

I love your curtain fabric! You have fabulous projects on your FAL list. I'm looking forward to seeing them completed!

Aunt TC said...

If the curtain fabric is the little colored triangles with silver pins, I love it! Is it possible you could get a friend to make the curtains while you make her/him something she/he has been dreading? Or have a sewing day where everyone brings a project they've been procrastinating on? If this doesn't work, go buy curtains and send me the fabric! Thanks!

Ruth said...

I skipped last quarter entirely so you are way ahead of me, if that helps any! love your paper pieced blocks and look forward to seeing your pattern released!

Michelle said...

I love your Sew Kitschy quilt blocks.I've seen a couple of these around the web but I can't find the pattern anymore. I wish I could get it for my kitchen. Good luck finishing these great projects! I found your post at WIP Wednesday.

Jenn @ A Quarter Inch from the Edge said...

Love those orange and aqua kitchen-y blocks. You definitely need to get those quilted so you can enjoy the finished work in your home!

gibbygoo56 said...

I'm loving the retro vibe of your kitchen wall hanging and the curtain fabric. I can hardly wait to see these finished and in place. Pleaseeeeee show pics when you are done! I love aqua and orange! So beautiful!

Leatina @ GeoMama said...

I put off sewing curtains after moving into my new house and once I finally got going (although very slowly) I was so happy to have them up. Makes the room feel way more finished and put together. You can do it! Also, I love the colours you are using.

Julianne said...

I just love your color scheme of your "Sew Kitschy" blocks, looks wonderful!

01 09 10