Thursday, May 18, 2017

It's TGIFF - Hop To It

That's Right - This week I am hosting TGIFF (Thank Goodness It's Finished Friday!)

I hope some of you are here to link up your lovely finishes below.
But before you link up, it is my turn to share...


 I have a pretty fun finish to write about this week.  I finally finished up my pixelated bunny quilt.  I started this one just before Easter - The little girl in me wanted a quilt with a big pink bunny.

Who was I to tell her no!




All of the fabrics were in my stash.  Almost all of the squares are 2.5" but I did use some 4.5" squares that I already had cut.  I like how they break up the pattern a bit.



I even had two larger cuts of some pink fabrics tucked away that worked perfectly for the backing.  I didn't want the two prints touching so I added in a navy print to break them up.



As you can see, the quilt is quite large. 

This photo shows off the quilting pretty well.  I quilted a horizontal serpentine stitch on the navy, swirls in the pink and added special detail for the bunny tail. 

It is silly and whimsical - Who wouldn't want a pink bunny quilt!


Quilting is more fun than Housework

If this is your first visit here, I invite you to stop in here on Sundays to link up your scrappy projects with Oh Scrap!  Even if you don't have a scrap project, you can check out all the wonderful projects other quilters are making with theirs!





Now it is time to share your Friday finish.  Please remember to visit some of the quilters that link up their finishes before you run off.  
It is a great way to be inspired and maybe make a new friend!  :)












Linking Up:

My Quilt Infatuation (Needle & Thread)

22 comments:

Paige said...

Cute as can be! And I like the larger squares thrown in the mix!

Havplenty said...

Scrappy wonderful. I hope the little girl you made this for really enjoys it. It is so nice when we make quilts for ourselves. ;)

Kate @ Smiles From Kate said...

I love the purple and blue combination, and like Paige I like the larger square shown in too. A pixellated quilt is another thing on my ever-growing quilting wish list.

Celtic Thistle said...

Fabulous and fun finish, what more could you ask for? :)

Libby in TN said...

Cute bunny!

Kat said...

Cute bunny! I love it!

Sherry VF said...

Fun quilt and the quilting is perfect!

gayle said...

Awww... ☺

Jane Marshall said...

Linked up with you for the first time: I hope that's OK? I found you a couple of weeks ago and have been having a lovely time catching up on your blog. Thank you for the inspiration xxx Jane xxx

maggie fellow said...

oh how wonderful - I love bunnies

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

What a sweet finish! I'm glad you didn't deny the little girl inside you. We all need a bit of whimsy, fun, and play!

Jayne said...

Cute as can be!! The pixelated square bunny is a winner! Great idea on mixing up the larger squares with the small ones. This is such a fun quilt!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

That is just so adorbale!

Ruth said...

Great fun - love the bunny tail!

Vicki in MN said...

The bunny is just super adorable!! Congrats on another finish:)

Shauna said...

That bunny is just too too cute!!!!!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Oh that is fun! Did you design that one yourself? I love the scrappy look of it - of course!

Louise said...

Oh, that's really darling! It cheered me up after a rough day :)

Barb N said...

So fun. I love it!

Pamela Arbour said...

Oh oh oh, that is just darling! Now you are ready for next Easter or anytime!

Anonymous said...

Darling! Andrea

Rachel said...

So cute! I love the puffy tail and the interspersed 4 inch squares.

01 09 10