Wednesday, May 31, 2017

SewcialBeeSampler Catch Up

Yesterday, I was able to spend some of the day sewing with a friend so I used it as an opportunity to get caught up on my Sewcial Bee Sampler blocks.  I was a total of 5 weeks (blocks) behind!




While I chatted away with my friend, I chose and cut all of the pieces for my blocks.  It was nice to have some input on my fabric selections.  Then I came home and started sewing them into blocks.




I don't often use fabrics with animals, but these little bunnies were begging to be fussy cut in this block.



I also used this wide frame on this block to fussy cut some owls.  Not sure the bright orange works well in the block but it will make more sense when it is among its friends in the quilt . 
(Or at least I hope it will!)




It is always nice to have a block design that is just simple squares and rectangles. 
They go together so quickly!



This was the block that stalled out my progress over a month ago.  I never seem to have good luck making geese with the "no waste" method.  They are always just a tiny bit big so I knew the tolerances would add up.  But I was able to just get it done!
Definitely not perfect!



I was even able to finish the block that was released today so I am official all caught up.  Woo Hoo!
I think this is one of my favorite blocks - in both design and in fabrics.


Here are the six 12" blocks that I made over the last two days.



And here they are added to all the blocks finished to date.  Eighteen out of a total of twenty five are finished.  Only seven more weeks to go!

You can find patterns to all of the blocks here on Maureen Cracknell's or Sharon Holland's blogs.  They are hosting the Quilt Along.


Now back out to my gardens....





Linking Up:

9 comments:

Marianne said...

Nice, caught up is good. I've been doing the SBS, also. Using a fat 8th bundle of Blitzen that's been in my stash since it was released, 2012, I think. Love those owls!

Alison V. said...

These blocks are so fun! The fabrics are really fantastic. :)

Barb Neiwert said...

You've been busy catching up. They are going to look great when all put together!

Puppilalla said...

You made very lovely blocks that will turn into stunning sampler.

Charlotta said...

Love your blocks! I've been collecting the patterns to do at a later date. Just can't do them now, but so nice to see how lovely yours are!

Goofin' Off Around the Block said...

It looks like you've been busy catching up on this sampler. I adore the bunnies and owls in the prints you've chosen. The colors all go along nicely together. I'm not participating in this, but I am enjoying seeing everyone else's work on it. --Andrea

Bonnie said...

Love the bunnies checking out the moon. Nice job of catching up!

Rachel said...

Nice! I really like your fussy cut details. Those bunnies looking at the moon and that bee in the orange star are especially cute!

Kate said...

Some very fun blocks. I like the frame of owls.

01 09 10