Friday, August 17, 2018

An Out of this World Finish

I knew that If I focused on some finishes, I could quickly cross a number of items off my list!
Today's finish is Out of this World!



 This project started out with two Lily & Loom Space Camp charm squares.  These are one of the Craftsy fabric lines and I like to ensure that the quality is nice if I am going to be an affiliate.  
I like to use the products I promote!

I can say this fabric is really nice.  There was almost no lint or fraying as I assembled the quilt and the colors in the fabric are bright and well printed.




I pulled some Kona Navy and Coal to go with the fabrics.  I used Cheryl Brickey's Building Blocks pattern (Moda Bakeshop) as inspiration.  Mine looks a little different but 2 charm squares works perfectly for this layout (with the ability to toss a few out).




The space themed prints in this collection are so much fun.  Perfect for that special future astronaut!




I should have ordered some backing fabric from the same collection but you know I can't wait to get things quilted up and finished once a top is complete.  So I pulled a Kaffe Collective piece that was already in my stash.



 The finished quilt measures about 49" x 54".  And it is cute, cute, cute!

So I was really pleased with the quality of the fabric and the prints included in the collection are adorable.  If you want to make one for yourself, I see this collection is already on clearance as Craftsy releases new ones quite often.


I should also say, I tested out Craftsy's new Pima Cotton thread and I have to say it ran really nicely through my machine.  I have already almost used up an entire spool!




Linking Up:


14 comments:

Barb Neiwert said...

That is a fun collection, and such a cute way to make up a baby quilt. Fun, fun!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

What a fun finish! I love the way the navy and gray solid frames the prints! The backing looks like it worked just fine, too. Someone's going to love this one!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

What a fun print collection and great design for showing them off. The backing coordinates really well and hooray for crossing finishes off your list!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh how fun!!!

Ellie said...

Perfect for a young astronaut! He or she will love it!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats! on a fast (and adorable) finish. On to the NEXT project!! :o))

Anonymous said...

That is such a cute quilt. The fabric looks lovely and so appropriate for future astronauts! The backing is perfect, too. Thanks for sharing and telling where we can get the pattern. I have a couple packs of charm squares that would work perfectly for that pattern. Nadine Willis
N. Cali rnwillis@velotech.net

Louise said...

Sweet quilt! I really like the way the gray and navy play against the brighter colors in the space fabric line. Very fun! I'm off to go download that nice pattern :)

Karen's Korner said...

What a fun quilt. That is sure to be a hit with some lucky little person.

Kate said...

It's a very fun quilt. It's nice to hear how about the Craftsy fabric, I've not ordered any yet, though I've been sorely tempted.

Wendy F said...

What a great use of charms! I love the solids you chose to go with the collection. I have a pile of 4.5" squares needing a project, this would be perfect. Thanks for the inspiration.

Sandy Panagos said...

It's so cute! The swirls on the back give a lot of interest since there are so many straight lines on the front. It's darling!

Lu said...

Love your quilt Cynthia. Thank you for posting.

Jasmine said...

I agree. It is cute, cute, cute! I love your layout.

01 09 10