Monday, November 3, 2014

A Few More Letters

 Just a quick post to share my progress on my three sets of alphabet blocks.  Not only did I get four more letters finished but I also went back and added additional sashings and backgrounds to all of the previous blocks.  So now, all three sets are up to date through the letter "N"!




 This blue/green set will be made with just white sashing between the blocks and maybe lavender cornerstones.Very simple assembly.





This set is just a scrappy mess!  I am really going to have to get creative to make them all work together in one quilt.  But the positive about these blocks is a lot of my really old scraps are finding a home!



And this set...well, I made an error as I wanted to put a thin piece of gray around the letter before I put on the backgrounds.  I realized this about 5 blocks in and wasn't about to go back and fix them.  I have a plan for quilting that will hopefully redeem the blocks.  Fingers crossed!

So I am past the mid point on these blocks!  As they are filling up the design walls, I am looking forward to getting through the rest of the letters and quilting these up.  In fact, I am off to do a bit more sewing now!  Thanks for stopping by!!


If you are interested in more ways to follow me, you can find me on Craftsy, Facebook, Pinterest, Bloglovin', Feedly, Instagram, Google +, or get my blog sent right to your email inbox by entering your email address on the right sidebar! 
Want to Play Along?Linking up:

8 comments:

Val's Quilting Studio said...

I"m especially looking forward to seeing your wonky alphabet when they all come together!! I'm behind this week...but well worth it as I got to be grandma all weekend!!!

Jasmine said...

Such great progress. I look forward to seeing how you put these all together.

Anonymous said...

I think the middle "scrappy mess" set of blocks looks the best. They've got the most contrast, making them the most readable. The scrappiness makes them the most FUN!

Jayne said...

How fun! I need to check in to making letters! Love these and cannot wait to see all of them!

Sandra Walker said...

Three quilts at once...just when I think you've blown me away with your productivity, and you won't be able to top THAT accomplishment, you flatten me with a hurricane of quilts! These are really cute. Can't remember where you are getting the patterns...I like the blue/green one best, but they're all so happy!

thequiltedcat said...

Great progress. I really love those letter blocks.

Turid said...

Great letters! I love the wonky cutting on your last blocks. I'm way back, but will try to sew some more letters the next days.

Jenny Bonynge said...

Oh! I DO need to make a set (ONE set!) of these for my great grandson!!! Wonky set is my favorite...

01 09 10