Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Third Quarter Finish Along Goals

How can half of the year already be behind us!  Today is the last day to link up 3rd quarter Finish Along goals with Adrianne who blogs at On the Windy Side.  Truthfully, I almost didn't bother to link up this quarter.  I have done so poorly on meeting my goals this year, the thought of posting all the things I failed to finish yet again made me cringe!

2015 FAL at On the Windy Side

Then when some friends came to visit today and asked me about all of these projects because they are really looking forward to seeing the finished project, it motivated me to get them linked up and finished.



  This one is a carryover from more quarters than I can count.  All of these Sew Kitschy paper pieced blocks are finished, I just need to finish up the sashing.  
A few hours of piecing and I can have it finished!
 
  I think I am just not looking forward to quilting this one. So much detail!
 
 
 
 
And if I am finishing my wallhanging for my kitchen, I should also finish up my curtains.  It is not so much the sewing as it is the installation of the curtain rod that stops this project every time. 

But I love this fabric so I want them to be finished!
 
 


  This stack of fabric has been living on my coffee table for three months just waiting for me to fussy cut the flowers.  It is a hold over from last quarter.  If I just sit down and start working on it, I know I will finish it up in no time!
 
 
 
 
Here is something new - in a bag of scraps from a friend, I found a bunch of blocks that just need to be sewn up into a baby quilt.  Rather than throw them in with all my orphan blocks, I just need to finish the project.  I should be able to just sew it up while I work on another project.  Hopefully this one will be my token easy finish! 

 I always try to have at least one so I don't feel like a complete failure.


I can do all this  - I know I can!

***********************************


And if you haven't entered yet, I have a giveaway going on until July 18th.  
You don't want to miss it!



  
Linking up:

26 comments:

Jasmine said...

Yep! You can do it. :)

Gina said...

You can do it. I'll be a cheerleader for you

Sue @ Quilting the Green Star said...

I love your kitchen blocks with the teapot and spoons, did you use a pattern or draw them yourself? The colours are so 70s and I love the retro look. Good luck with the finishes of the week too.

Suegodfrey said...

Go girl you can DO it love Sue UK x

Doreen said...

Those kitchen blocks are awesome.......you can do it!!!! I think they could be done quite simply OR more heavily with stitching (depending on how quickly you want a finish!).

Linda said...

I just love seeing your projects and looking at your eye candy fabrics.

Jayne said...

I cannot wait to see how you quilt the kitchen blocks! I wouldn't know what to do with them, but I know you will come up with something fantastic!

andrea @ tideline quilts said...

Absolutely love your paper-pieced kitchen blocks! Colours are fantastic and I cannot wait to see the finished quilt!

Joanie's Trendy Quilts said...

Love the Kitchen Blocks and the colors you used in them.

Colleen said...

aww, you sound like me... or maybe I sound like you ? let's not be so hard on ourselves !
Colleen @ piecemakerquilts.wordpress.com

Daytona Damsel said...

Love those sew kitchy blocks. if you do not want to quilt them and hang on my wall in kitchen. Fits with my decor and colors. :}

The fabric for fussy cutting has been pinned to my gotta have fabric board to purchase when funds are available.

You can finish all these I know. Thanks for sharing.

ClotheslineCottons said...

The kitchen blocks are amazing, especially the center one!

Unknown said...

OMG, I absolutely *love* your Sew Kitschy blocks! Orange and turquoise are one of my favourite colour combinations. And well done for you for not giving up - you can do it!

Vera said...

I have done pretty poorly too but I that's fine. You are doing/making many other things ;)

Julie said...

Your Sew Kitschy blocks are fabulous!

Unknown said...

Those kitchen blocks are gorgeous! Love the colors, too. All the projects are great. You can do it!

Brenda said...

Your projects are wonderful. I especially am enchanted with the fabric you have laying on your coffee table, waiting to be fussy cut and sewn into a beautiful quilt. I sure hope that I do not miss any post involving that spectacular flower material and see exactly what you create! I have been having a hard time motivating myself to do any sewing, it is hot in the bedroom. So about an hour ago, I asked hubby if he would mind me moving my sewing room into the living room. LOL. Now I am taking a short break after moving all of the items into the living room. Next comes the hard part, deciding how to arrange it and then moving items into the bedroom.

I hope that you have a wonderful time with each of your projects!

Allison said...

I'm drawn to really complicated quilt blocks, and then end up baffled when it comes to quilting it. This will be super cute when it's finished... cheering you on from Germany!

P.S. Totally crushing on that curtain fabric!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love those kitchen blocks from Quiet Play! I didn't know how to quilt my And Sew On wallhanging either, but you are such an artist with your longarm. I can't wait to see what you do.

Sandra Walker said...

Oh I remember those sew Kitschy blocks! I love that fabric you've chosen for your curtains. Isn't it funny how we just stumble or come to a complete STOP over some small roadblock?! I have projects like that hanging around. This is why this is such a good idea, the FAL. Love all the Tula Pink fabric in the baby quilt-to-be.

carolaj3 said...

I have that same Jane Sassaman fabric along with two more of her fabrics. I love them, but can never find a pattern that merits her colors and bold designs. Any ideas are welcome.

annerobe said...

Get 'em done! You will be so happy with them when you do. I know because I procrastinate a lot and then I am always surprised when it doesn't take that long to finish something, I just have to make myself do it! I love your projects!

Val's Quilting Studio said...

To your defense you did just finish a busy season of quilting! The kitchen finish we be a great treat for yourself. Funny how the simplest projects seem to take forever to start!!

Lois said...

Sometimes it's good to regroup and recharge and then it all comes together. I love your fabrics - especially your new curtain fabric:))

Jen said...

Love your teapot!

Mary Huey said...

I can relate to your frustration with getting into UFO's so I try to be sure I work on one of them a bit everyday -- seems less painful?!?

01 09 10