Thursday, September 17, 2015

Fall 2015 Quilty Orphan Adoption Event Link Up

Quilting is more fun than Housework
 

So many of us quilters have those projects we have tucked away with the thought that someday we will get them out to finish.  A few of us shudder when we come across them again and just stuff them a little further into the drawer.  I know at times, I even feel a bit of guilt over these project.  It is time to be honest with ourselves and get them out of the cupboards and into the hands of someone that will finish them!

This event helps in getting those projects to quilters that will give them some attention.
And I can say from experience, it feels great to release the burden and move onto something you really want to work on!


Orphan Adoption Event
September 18th, 2015 through September 20th, 2015


Here are some more details:

1.  I am going to ask that any "orphan" linked up must be given away for free.  (If you are wanting to destash for money, there are other venues to do that on.)  I think it is fair that if you need to, you can ask that shipping costs be paid.  Just be sure and put that information clearly in your post.  And know that both parties enter into the deal at their own risk.  I hold no responsibility.

2. Have clear pictures and descriptions on what you are putting up for adoption.

3. Define the criteria for how you will decide who will adopt the item.  Is it a random number giveaway, do you only want it to go to charity, or is there some other criteria that needs to be met?

4.  Be sure and identify where you are located and where you are willing to ship to.

5. Define how long you are keeping the adoption open and when you expect to award the adoption.

6. Remember to link back to my blog so your readers can see what else is being offered.  And feel free to grab a button!


The ability to link up your blog, Instagram, Flickr, or Facebook post will be open through Sunday September 20th.  You can award your adoption on any date you choose after the 20th.  Feel free to offer as little or as much as you want.  It can be blocks, books/patterns, kits, printed panels, fabric, anything that you hope someone else will use and you wish to get rid of the burden.






As a thank you for linking up a project, I will put your name in a hat for some fun prizes.  I picked up these 9" Gingher scissors to share with one lucky quilter.  To those linking up from outside the US, due to shipping costs, I may not be able to send the scissors but I would be happy to send you any of my digital patterns.

***The scissors are going to Cathy' s Crazy by Design. Thanks!***


So go look on those shelves and those deep dark corners in your sewing room and see what you have to clean out and move on.  I am sure there will be someone who is more than willing to adopt what you have to offer and get it finished!

********************

And if you are looking to adopt a project, please read each blog and be sure you only offer to adopt those orphans you know you can finish.  The object of this event is to get these things finished, not just stored on another shelf.  Thanks!









5 comments:

Lara B. said...

Hi Cyndy! Thanks so much for organizing and holding this wonderful link up again! It really does feel great to pass along something that was only creating a sense of burden for me, but at the same time know that it will make someone else very happy!

Linda said...

Cynthia thank you for doing this - it is a great idea. I hope someone wants my giveaway!

Julie in GA said...

I am so glad you are doing this again. It feels so good to share our efforts. I hope the adoption continues to be a regular event.

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! I'm sure everyone has a few adoptable items.
nikilsend(at)outlook(dot)com

Cathy said...

Thanks, Cynthia, for hosting this delightful even (my orphan was adopted!). And thanks for picking my name as the Gingher scissors winner! Much appreciated!

01 09 10