Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Best of 2016!

As 2017 come screaming towards me, I have been spending this week contemplating what the future holds and looking back on the past year.  I am a strong believer in having a plan and when you look forward, you have to look where you have been to see what you want to change.

Personally, 2017 can't get here soon enough for me.  2016 really sucked!

But there were still some great things about it.  One of which was the support, encouragement and inspiration I received from all of you.  I cannot express enough how much I appreciate you!

Here are a few other highlights from the year...


Are you curious what post was viewed the most?  It was one of my string quilt finishes.  Most of the hits come from Pinterest.  I am always pleased with how many quilters love string quilts like I do!

If that is you, buckle up....because over the next year there are going to be a rainbow of them getting made.  I have lots of scrappy strings to burn through!



The finish I was most pleased with was this Kaffe Fassett quilt.  It was not a favorite quilt but it was one of my oldest UFOs. 
Boy, it feels good to get an old project finished! 




By far, the silliest finish was the Pig Race quilt.  I donated this quilt to a kid's charity but I still love coming across photos of the blocks. I hope it found a good home and made a child smile!

And you cannot put out a "Best of" without including your favorite quilts. 


My favorite scrappy finish was this colorwash quilt.   Using scraps to play with color is probably my favorite past-time.  So I pretty much enjoyed every step of making this quilt!
http://www.shareasale.com/u.cfm?d=387397&m=29190&u=1009810


And the quilt I cherish the most is my Park Bench quilt.  It doesn't come out of the cupboard very often but when it does, I always feel great pride in it.






Cheryl over at Meadow Mist Designs is hosting the Best of 2016 linky party.  So I thought I would share my best there too.  I hope to see you there!







In a separate post, I will soon be sharing my plans for the coming year.  I have some fun things planned and cannot wait to share them with you!  So here is your chance, if you want to see something in the coming year, speak now! 





Linking Up:

Young Texan Mama (Sew Cute Tuesday)
My Quilt Infatuation (Needle & Thread)


Craftsy



If you want to spend some of that Christmas money and get some good deals, Craftsy is having their end of the year supplies event.  I am an affiliate so clicking through this link and making a purchase means I make a commission (at no additional cost to you).  I really appreciate the support!


15 comments:

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Your string quilt was one of my favourites too actually! I think the soft neutral palette is so inviting, it would fit into any decor.
Happy New Year Cynthia!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I was just working on some string blocks tonight! They are definitely a part of my plans for 2017, including some made of my low volume/neutral strings. By far, my favorite quilt in your post is your colorwash tumbler quilt. That one is just so amazing! Thanks for the inspiration!

Judy @ Sew Some Sunshine said...

A wonderful collection of quilts. Here's to a great 2017!

Cheryl said...

Beautiful finishes, I enjoyed seeing them again, your color wash quilt is amazing! Thanks for linking up to the Best of 2016 party!

Jan @Cocoa Quilts said...

Can hardly wait to see what strings come along in 2017.

Kate said...

Lots of beautiful and fun quilts on your list. The Pig Race is such a fun quilt, it and your colorwash quilt are my top two. Wishing you lots of success in 2017.

Jayne said...

Thank you for taking us on your top five journey! Color wash may be my favorite, or park bench! I've enjoyed watching what you have been up to this year and cannot wait to see what you have in store for us in 2017!

Unknown said...

Great finishes! And thanks for sharing your 2016 highlights. When a year is tough, taking that small moment to look at the good you did can really help make it not seem so sucky. 2016 was a tough year so here is to a great 2017! Katie@hobbiesuptohere.com

Kris said...

Lovely! That colorwash tumbler is soso lovely!

Pamela Arbour said...

I love all of your work. I have to confess that I enjoyed watching the posts of the piggies! I also like the string and scrap quilts.

I agree with you on 2016. The whole year for me was full of struggles and uncertainties but is ending on a good note and I am looking forward to next year just as you are.

Happy New Year to all
Pam
pearbour@gmail.com

Cathy said...

You had a great quilting year this year! And I love everything you do (gee, if I sound like a fan girl, LOL, it's because I am!) looking forward to seeing more of your creations in 2017, and wishing you and your family all the best!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Great post Cynthia, like you I love string quilts and can't wait to see what you do in 2017.

cityquilter grace said...

i agree...never saw a string quilt i didn't like...but oh those kaffe fassett fabrics...love your KF quilt!

Jasmine said...

I loved seeing these quilts again. The scrappy colorwash is a favorite of mine too.

Hilary said...

So many beautiful finishes in 2016!

01 09 10