Sunday, February 5, 2017

Oh Scrap! : RSC17 String Blocks

Happy Scrappy Sunday!

Since the color turquoise was announced for the rainbow scrap challenge, I have been working hard to clean out my color bin. 



I do keep a bin just for the color turquoise so I could get started right away without much sorting.  I already had some 8.5" muslin foundations cut, so I used those and ended up making 21 pretty turquoise blocks.  I did weed out any print that had reds or oranges in them.  There are not enough blocks to really do anything with so I will just store them away for a later date.

I am pleased to say I can now see the bottom of the bin!


******************************************


It is now your turn to share what you are making with scraps.  Here are the details for linking up:
  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do!
Quilting is more fun than Housework

So if you love scrappy projects, feel free to grab my button for your sidebar or posts and get ready to share all your wonderful projects from scraps.  And if you have a great idea for using scraps and would like to be featured, feel free to contact me!







17 comments:

scraphappy said...

Seeing the bottom of a bin Is always exciting. Congratulations!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I agree - it must be so nice to see the bottom of the bin, that doesn't happen often for me.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your turquoise strings are so pretty! I love working with turquoise, and realized recently that I don't sew with it nearly enough!

Kathy E. said...

I love this type of sewing, Cynthia! Not only does it give purpose to our treasured scraps, but it simply fun to sew rather mindlessly and see how they look all together. This sounds like a fun project for my Sunday afternoon!

em's scrapbag said...

Your turquoise string blocks look great. I love the splashes of yellow!

Jasmine said...

What beautiful blocks. Good job working to the bottom of the bin. I really like the pop of yellow in some of them.

Jo said...

That is a good feeling. Great progress so early in the month too.

Mari said...

Love your string blocks! They look so bright and happy. And that's a lot of blocks from the one bin!

Connie said...

I am so happy that I found your blog, it is so inspiring and I love the name you choose for it. I agree:) The Orphan quilt in the post before this one is enchanting, I truly love it. Now on to visit some of the quilters that linked up with you.

Karen said...

Pretty strings. Lucky you to see the bottom of the bin. Way to go!

Pamela Arbour said...

Your blocks remind me of a nice cool ocean and beach. It makes a difference when the bright colors like red are left out. I haven't gotten through all of my auqa yet. Congratulations to you. You got a lot done.

Barb Neiwert said...

Bins have bottoms? Weird.
Seriously, you'll find a great use for these blocks somewhere down the road. Lovely!

Jayne said...

You may actually be out of scraps by the end of the year! It could happen...or you could be set up for next year too! The aqua is so pretty. Very fresh and clean!

Erin said...

Very pretty blocks, thanks for the link up!

Kate said...

Very pretty teals and aquas. Maybe they'll show up in an orphan block quilt down the road?

Char said...

Love string blocks! Glad you can see the bottom. Don't know if I ever will.

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Thanks for hosting the scrap link party! It's fun to see so many projects together.

01 09 10