Alright all you scrap quilters and those who have scraps and just don't know what to do with them. There is going to be a new linky party starting in the new year right here on this blog where you can share what you are making from your scrap bins or just find inspiration on how to use the scraps you have.
I am pretty excited!
Before I get into the details, I did want to share a small finish with you. Remember the Scrap-A-Palooza quilt I shared in October? The lovely large lap I decided to keep all for myself?
I still had a few more cut scraps so I decided to just keep sewing and make a smaller version of the same quilt. This one finished out at about 40 x 48" and I didn't float the strips quite as much as I did in the larger version.
The background fabric I used was a bit darker but I did have enough of the same backing fabric to finish up this mini-me version!
I love the wonderfully warm feeling of the colors in these quilts! I have been enjoying the larger version every evening as I relax in front of the TV.
So what have you been doing with your scraps? There is a now a place for you to share your ideas and projects! Starting January 4th, every Sunday afternoon, I will be writing up a post called Oh Scrap!, and you will be able to link up those projects and share with others. Also, if you are overran with scraps and just need some inspiration, this will be a great place to find some ideas on how to sew them up into beautiful items. Hope you join in the fun!
Here are a few details:
- This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
- You can link up your blog post (not your homepage) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
- If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
- If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
- This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
- Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do!
So if you love scrappy projects, feel free to grab my button for your sidebar and get ready to share all your wonderful projects from scraps. And if you have a great idea for using scraps and would like to be featured, feel free to contact me!
For giggles, I have included a place this week for you to link up a post about a scrappy project. It doesn't have to be from this week this time around - just something you would like to share. (Plus it gives me the opportunity to work out any bugs before we go live in January!) Thanks!
If you are interested in more ways to follow me, you can find me on Craftsy, Facebook, Pinterest, Bloglovin', Feedly, Instagram, Google +, or get my blog sent right to your email inbox by entering your email address on the right sidebar!