Sunday, May 20, 2018

Oh Scrap! : This and That

I am still not finding a lot of time in my sewing room but I did get out a few bins of scraps and make a few blocks.




First on my list was to make my pink Squared Away blocks for May.  The one on the right isn't quite as pale as it looks but the pink I chose is a bit light.  When I go to put the top together, I will need to decide if I need to remake.  Right now I will just store it with the rest of my blocks.



I also wanted to finish my 16-patch blocks for this donation quilt.  I was using my leftover binding strips to make the 16-patch blocks.  I sewed up all of the strips that were long enough and came up a few blocks short.  But never fear, I just went to my orphan block box and pulled a few that I think will work just fine in the quilt.

Now I need to spend time balancing out the colors and designs.  Soon this one should be a quilt top!

That was about all of the scrap quilting I did this week. 
I hope you share your scrappy inspiration below!


*********************************************************

It is now your turn to share what you are making with scraps.  Here are the details for linking up: 

  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do! 

12 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love the scrappy quilt

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Your pink blocks looks great, and the 16-patch blocks too!

Cathy said...

The orphan blocks make a nice addition to the 16 patches.

Ivani said...

It will be a pretty scrap quilt. And your Squared Away blocks for May are beautiful.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I like the orphan blocks in the 16 patch quilt - they definitely do fit right in!

Jayne said...

Oh so pretty! I love both blocks...I've been on a pink kick lately and these hit the spot!

Marly said...

What a great way to solve the shortage problem! The 9-patches look as if you planned to use them that way!

Jasmine said...

I’ve had fun catching up on your blog today. You are an inspiration. I love seeing what you create.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Orphan blocks to the rescue!! They really add a spark to your 16-Patch in progress. Good thinking!

Anonymous said...

I love your pink squared away blocks! Your orphan blocks look perfect with the sixteen patch blocks and that will make a gorgeous quilt. Great job! Nadine W. rnwillis@velotech.net

Bonnie said...

Definitely Pretty in Pink blocks! FYI - when I visited your blog today the links from your linky party are not showing on your page however are available at "An InLinkz Link-up." The bigger issue is it doesn't let me get back to your page easily. (I can't remember if I just went back to my bookmark and clicked your blog to get back. Is anyone else having the same issue or perhaps my computer is being weird. B.

Mystic Quilter said...

Nice pinks in your two blocks posted and great use of your left over bindings.

01 09 10