Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Flags for Sue

I am a bit behind in my blog reading but I noticed this morning that Alycia (You might know her as Quitygirl) is putting a call out for flag blocks.  One of her Quilts of Valor volunteers has passed and it sure sounds like she had a giving heart.

I have always held generous people in high regard and I think it is so fitting to honor Sue (and her family) by making lots of QOV Flag quilts in her memory.




I have always wanted to make some of these blocks.  You can find the pattern here.  These blocks are really easy and quick.  They can be made with prints or solids or even scrappy - you just want to get the color placement correct.



In fact, I was up to four finished blocks in no time at all.  I hope you join me in making some of these blocks to honor a quilter that gave from the heart.

There is more information (along with an address on where to ship the blocks) on Alycia's blog post.  I say let's fill that little Kersey Colorado post office with lots of packages!

Blocks need to get to Alycia by September 1st so get sewing!




Linking Up:



5 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I saw that on Alycia's blog today, too, and plan to make some of these blocks and send them to her. Yours look really nice!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

I think I know what I'll be sewing this weekend. Lovely blocks.

DianeLoves2Quilt said...

Cute blocks for a good cause.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh my!! THANK YOU so much!! Sue had such a servants heart - this will just amaze her family ;-)

Kate said...

Thank you for posting about Alycia's block drive. I'm behind on my blog reading too and hadn't see that request yet. Your flags turned out beautifully.

01 09 10