Sunday, August 12, 2018

Oh Scrap! : Garden Blocks

Last month, I decided to start a new Rainbow Scrap Challenge quilt.




Remember my little red strawberry block I made for July?





It is now joined by a cute orange tangerine block made from 2.5" squares.





A chubby pumpkin block was also added to the mix.  I decided to use 2.5" strips for this block.



I will also be "planting" a short row of carrots in my RSC garden quilt.  
I used Sally's carrot pattern as a starting point.

I am planning on my blocks for this quilt being all different sizes.  It will be a puzzle to get them into a quilt top once I complete the rainbow.  Can't wait!



*********************************************************
  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do! 

Quilting is more fun than Housework







27 comments:

Ellie said...

What cute blocks! And I like the idea of different sizes. Very clever!

Cathy said...

Cute, cute and cute! Yes, this will be a fun one!

Libby in TN said...

What fun! Looking forward to see what you "plant."

Vicki in MN said...

Those little carrots are so fun! I am sure you will come up with a cute setting for all the blocks.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

These are adorable! You're going to have fun with this one!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that is a cute idea I'm wondering what the whole pattern looks like when the blocks are joined

Kate said...

Very fun orange garden blocks. I love those carrots!

Jayne said...

I am very much in love with those carrots! I'd love to have the pattern! I can't wait to see what you are going to plant next!

Chantal said...

Yours blocks are so cute. This is the kind of quilt you love the most I think; the puzzling quilt. I don't seem to have the brain for that. I just sit here and watch you have fun. Enjoy!! ;^)

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

What a great idea! I look forward to seeing what else you add to the garden.

chrisknits said...

those carrots are adorable!

Vesuviusmama said...

I'm loving your garden blocks! I might have to whip up some carrots right now!

PaulaB quilts said...

A charming garden plot! I hope it might have some flowers as well.

marebear said...

Super adorable!!! Love the patchwork effect.

Pamela Arbour said...

That is going to be sooooooooooo cute!

gayle said...

Oh, your garden quilt is going to be terrific! Can't wait to see it!

Jannette said...

Love the "Garden Quilt" concept! There's a fruit or veggie for almost every colour, so you should end up having a great quilt!

Louise said...

"Taste the rainbow!" Oh wait, that's Skittles, isn't it? But it's appropriate for your new quilt :)

Rochelle aka Bella Quilts said...

Your scrappy garden quilt is going to be so cute. What a great idea!!

Dorothy said...

I love your "garden"

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Now thats a garden I like! too cute!

Susie H said...

Cool idea! I'll bet your finish will be spectacular!

Emily said...

How cute! I love the idea of a rainbow scrap garden! What fun!

Marie said...

What a sweet, sweet collection. Love those carrots!

Ann said...

Have fun arranging your garden. They're lovely.

Laura said...

I love the idea of a fruits and veggies quilt!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

What a sweet collection of garden goodness!

01 09 10