Friday, October 18, 2019

A Baby Spin! Finish

I have been wanting to make a baby version of my Spin! pattern for quite some time.  When I teach this pattern, I always talk about this variation but until now, I never had a visual sample.



I made this version out of pink, orange and yellow scraps.  
With the scrappy border, the quilt measures 52" square.



I used a white thread to quilt some swirls that would disappear into the Kona White I used for the background.  A bright orange solid was found in my stash for the binding.



I decided to go with a pink backing with sweet white flowers.



It is certainly happy and bright!



And here is a photo of the pattern quilt.
(Of course now that I compare them, I see that I stitched the little one up with the swirl going the other way - that is what happens when you don't read your own pattern...Yeesh!)

Oh well, they both look great!





Linking Up:



18 comments:

Libby in TN said...

I keep intending to make that pattern. Maybe next year.

The Joyful Quilter said...

AWESOME addition to your class samples!!

Alison V. said...

This is so cute!

KMSC said...

Both quilts are beautiful! Your baby quilt pattern wasn't a mistake, it was a new design element!!

Chantal said...

I love both of these and it has nothing to do with the fact that they are both in my favorite colors. ;^)

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That is the neatest design! I love the bright, happy color, and the movement in the quilt! Glad you got a baby size completed for your class sample. Are you teaching it soon?

Cathy said...

That is a great quilt and fabulous design, Cynthia! Both versions are so dynamic. And who says you can’t have the swirls go the other way! Design options!!

Jayne said...

I love it! It's just gorgeous. It feels good to finally make something that has been in your head for so long!

Louise said...

Fabulous colors for a baby quilt! And of course your design is so fun and bouncy :)

Kate said...

A warm version to go with the cool version, a great way to show off the pattern. Congrats on a beautiful finish.

KaHolly said...

They are both gorgeous!

Vicki in MN said...

And it looks fine going the other way too! I just did the same exact thing this past week on one of my table runners...design choice!

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Both are very pretty!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I really like the baby version. Your colors are just outstanding!! And its okay to have them swirl two different ways - so the flexibility of the pattern!

Emily said...

Such lovely colors! I love seeing both versions.

Michelle @ From Bolt to Beauty said...

This finish really shows the versatility of the pattern. The original in blues and grays makes for a lovely modern finish, and sure enough, just changing out the palette creates a quilt that's perfect for a kiddo. With its generous size, it's a project that will be loved for years. Well done!

Susan Smith said...

I love the colours in the top quilt. Well done.

Cheryl said...

I love both versions of the quilt. The smaller one has such bright, happy colors.

01 09 10