Sunday, November 17, 2019

Oh Scrap! : RSC Test Block

It is really hard for me to find much time to spend in my sewing room this time of year.  Almost every day, I am busy at my longarm playing one of Santa's elves working away on client quilts.

 By the end of the day, I am too tired to do anything.



But I did spend some time cutting and sewing up some test blocks for one of my new 2020 Rainbow Scrap Challenge quilts.  I made these three blocks from some red 2" strips - the blocks measure 12.5".

My plan is to make 30 total blocks (a 5 x 6 layout) - that means every month I will make three blocks.  I am hoping that the fabric "value play" will make for a fun quilt.

I still have to settle on one more block design (okay, maybe two) for the coming year.
I am already looking forward to January's color!

*********************************************

It is now your turn to share what you are making with scraps.  Here are the details for linking up: 

  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
Quilting is more fun than Housework
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter





11 comments:

Cathy said...

Oh, I like that idea! I'll have to take a look at my 2 inch scraps now.

Jayne said...

You are making a plan for 2020! It's difficult for me to even think that far ahead. I always look forward to your projects and know this will be another amazing quilt in the end!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

You are so great with blocks that allow you to play with value! I like those a lot. I have several ideas in mind for next year's blocks, but must finish something first! Hope you have some time to relax and rest today, Cyndy.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Great idea for the next year challenge!

The Joyful Quilter said...

I'm SEW not ready to think about 2020's Rainbow Scrap Challenge, yet!! You are a planner, I suppose? Moving on to the NEXT plan (once the current year's goals have been met) is a great way to keep churning out those quilts!

Anja @ Anja Quilts said...

I am impressed that you are working on 2020 projects!!

Nann said...

This time of year I begin to THINK about RSC -- but you're a step ahead and you're WORKING on RSC. The scrappy spinning rails are a great idea.

Pamela Arbour said...

You are ahead of me on the RSC plan! Thanks for the inspiration. You have a good start. I am still in the valley of decision.

Bonnie said...

Yea for getting one solid RSC block idea cemented. I've been back-of-the-mind pondering it for awhile. I did three different blocks this year but I'm thinking of cutting back to only two. I won't have time to make my blocks into a quilt until after the Christmas rush is over. Remember to save some time for YOU!

Cheryl said...

Great scrappy block, I love how the value creates the design in the block.

Mystic Quilter said...

I do like these blocks and am amazed that you have already made a start for the RSC 2020!

01 09 10