Sunday, May 24, 2020

Oh Scrap! : RSC Blocks

This week I focused on tidying up my sewing room.  I had reached the point where there was very little working space on both my ironing board and cutting table.
Fabric and scraps were piled everywhere!




As I was cleaning, I did get all the pieces cut for the three blocks for one of my Rainbow Scrap Challenge quilts.  Once I get the pieces cut and laid out on a design board, the sewing goes really quickly.



The rest of my blocks were buried on my ironing board so once I pulled them out, I put them all up on one of my design walls.  It appears I already made some green blocks....boy do I need more warm colors!

Now that my sewing space is all tidy, I might just have to celebrate with a new start (or more).  With all my scraps and fabric in their homes, I know I have more than enough for MANY more quilts.

I hope you share what you are sewing!


*********************************************

It is now your turn to share what you are making with scraps.  Here are the details for linking up: 

  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do! 
Quilting is more fun than Housework
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

14 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Looking good, Cynthia! Speaking of "many more quilts" worth of scraps in your stash... I recently came across a post from someone who used scraps from JUST ONE gallon sized bag to make a large lap quilt. I was blown away by the potential quilts sitting beneath my cutting table!!! Time to go sew...

Chantal said...

I can hardly believe what you say in the first paragraph of this post. No! Really? You are such a prolific quilter that I imagine your sewing room to always be in order so you can find your things quickly and just sew. I guess we are all the same. :^D I'm with you on the colour choice for next month; we need more warmth. ;^)

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

sometimes we just have to take the time to clean the room -i was doing a little of that yesterday and now my table is full again!

Jayne said...

It's amazing what we find when we clean up a little! I think you are well on your way to finishing this quilt top, especially with it up on the design wall. I spent part of a day organizing my solids because I couldn't figure out what I wanted to sew. It's a good alternative when I'm not feeling creative!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those blocks are looking great together! You're right - the warm color blocks will really add a lot. Are you gardening today? Enjoy!

Cathy said...

We must have been together in spirit. I was cleaning off my cutting mat and ironing board last week too!

LA Paylor said...

Cynthia your blocks are so pretty!!! Imagine them on a bed!

Rebecca Grace said...

You have a nice mix of fabrics going on with this one, Cynthia. I especially love the low volume background prints (is that still what we're calling them this year? LOL!) Very soothing effect overall -- cheerful but serene.

Pamela Arbour said...

Loving your RSC blocks

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Love your blocks. So unique!

Bonnie said...

Good for your clean up. Now if a little clean upping will rub off on me!

KaHolly said...

I just love your RSC blocks. It’s amazing how a simple block can make such an impact!

Louise said...

Cleaning up scraps seems to be a classic quarantine activity. It's nice to wrestle a little tidiness from the creative process :)

Allison said...

Your RSC blocks are looking good. I'm looking forward to adding some warm colours to our rather cool rainbows too.

01 09 10