Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Splurging when I should be Purging!

It has been quite a while since I have purchased any new fabric.  I have not imposed any "no fabric" diets - my lack of new fabric simply comes down to not having time to do any shopping.  So recently, some of my friends felt I needed a break so they organized a little fabric shopping trip to one of my favorite fabric stores (Quiltwork Patches in Corvallis Oregon).  

Fabric shopping with good friends....How could I say no?!?




 I have been wanting to get some more yardage of Studio E's Peppered Cottons for a project I have planned.  These fabrics are a shot cotton and I love the rich colors that are available...In fact, I can't cut into them yet because I am not done petting them!  I am just finishing up a project using a spicy orange which I hope to share in a day or two.




 And Alexander Henry tugged hard at my pocketbook with this wonderful zebra head print.  It is called Zahara by the De Leon Design Group.  Isn't it wonderful!  Not sure yet what I am making but I am perfectly happy just owning it.  It is now sitting on one of the shelves in my studio - coincidentally with a number of other Alexander Henry prints I have picked up over the years.

Is there a fabric designer whose prints always seem to capture your heart?



Just say No to Housework!


If you are interested in more ways to follow me, you can find me on Facebook, Pinterest, Bloglovin', Feedly, Instagram, Google +, or get my blog sent right to your email inbox by entering your email address on the right sidebar!

Linking up with Fabric Tuesday at QuiltStoryFreemotion by the River for Linky Tuesday, and Let's Bee Social at Sew Fresh Quilts.


11 comments:

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Wow, the peppered cottons you got are a yummy rainbow of beauty. I can understand needing to pet them for a while! I can't say that there is one particular designer that I always gravitate towards, yet.

Judy@Quilt Paradigm said...

LOVE peppered cottons!! I have to say that your pictures are WAY better than the pictures I find on sites that sell it. . . I have some charcoal and I just love it but those colors... WOW! Darn it, I'm feeling a shopping spree coming on ;)

Steph Blair said...

Those cottons are lovely!

Kirsten said...

Love the beautiful colours in those cottons and the Zebra print is very cool too!

Dora, the Quilter said...

I love Peppered Cottons and have a prayer quilt almost finished. I had never heard of them--despite asking in at least half a dozen shops--then discovered that one shop did have them but really didn't comprehend their gorgeousness. (I made a sample quilt and took it to them to display.) I understand 15 new colors are about to be shipped. I don't know why these incredible fabrics are not being more widely promoted, but I'm thinking those of us who quilt really need to spread the word. (I posted pictures of the fabrics and miniquilt on my blog.) I'm so glad you love them too!

Ruth said...

They are beautiful colours. Love that dark green one and the zebra!

AuntMamie said...

Those peppered cottons are gorgeous! I haven't seen them near me, but I'm headed out on a fabric road trip in a few weeks so I'll keep my eyes open. And the zebra fabric - I don't know if I could bring myself to cut it.

Anonymous said...

Agreed. Housework is the pits. Too bad I had to get some cleaning done JUST to be able to sew tonight. Lovely colors!

CapitolaQuilter said...

Pretty peppered cottons. Are they stable or wiggly to work with? or are you still petting - which I totally get if you are!

Terri said...

Who says you should purge? Having a stash saves time and gasoline - anyway that's what I tell my Hubby.
Hugs

Sarah Goer Quilts said...

I love the rich colors of the peppered cottons. And the zebras are fun!

01 09 10