Friday, August 1, 2014

100 Quilts for Kids 2014

100 Quilts for Kids
Just reminding everyone that today marks the first day of 100 Quilts for Kids 2014!  This year Heather at Quilts in the Queue is hosting this great event.  Last year, over 200 quilts were donated to children in need.  I participated last year and I already have a jump start on what I hope to donate this year!






Here is my first finished quilt for the event!  A friend recently cleaned out her sewing room and offered me a bunch of different sized triangles.  I re-cut them all to a uniform size, added the gray ones leftover from my own triangle quilt and came up with this fun scrappy quilt.



 To help tone down the busy-ness, I decided to attach a soft gray border.  I also chose to quilt it with my favorite swirl pattern.


This quilt will be donated to Bags of Love - this organization provides necessities and comfort items to children who are in crisis due to neglect, abuse, poverty or homelessness.They try to include a quilt in every bag they distribute.  Nothing brings comfort like a homemade quilt!

I hope you find some time to join in on the quilt drive.  This is a great opportunity to use up some of those scraps and if you need inspiration, take a peek at my Scrap-A-Palooza gallery for some quick quilt ideas.

...now, onto the next quilt!



If you are interested in more ways to follow me, you can find me on Facebook, Pinterest, Bloglovin', Feedly, Instagram, Google +, or get my blog sent right to your email inbox by entering your email address on the right sidebar!


the Purge

16 comments:

Michele said...

It looks great and the perfect way to make good use of those triangles.

Shauna said...

beautiful and such a wonderful gift for some child in crisis

Vera said...

Nice quilt for a great cause! Well done.

Beth @ Cooking Up Quilts said...

I really like your quilt. The swirl pattern is fantastic!

Jenn @ A Quarter Inch from the Edge said...

Wonderful triangle quilt... those scraps came together beautifully! And I'm sure it will be appreciated by the recipient. There's little more more comforting that a hug from a handmade quilt!

The domestic Groove said...

What a lovely blog. I am your newest follower.

szkornelia said...

Very nice quilt and a good cause. I am sure,it will bring some warmth and comfort for the recipient.

Diana @ Red Delicious Life said...

Great triangle quilt! Love the large swirls you chose to quilt it with. Perfect!

Diana @ Red Delicious Life said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
wish2stitch said...

What a wonderful cause . Your quilt is lovely. Visiting from FIUF.

Anonymous said...

This is great, Cynthia! Thanks for promoting the event!

Sue Daurio said...

What a bright and cheery quilt!

Barb Neiwert said...

I absolutely love how you can turn any bits of fabric into a quilt. Awesome, lady, purely awesome!!!

Muv said...

Such a sweet quilt, Cynthia - such cheerful colours.

Thank you for linking up with Free Motion Mavericks!

Love, Muv

Joanna @ Riddle and {Whimsy} said...

What a great cause! I'd love to participate; guess I'd have to find a charity willing to take quilts from a random person :) most charities I've seen only take things like this if you're a part of a group.

ipatchandquilt said...

Love your work! Those triangles are filled with JOY!!!
Thank you for sharing with us!
Esther

01 09 10