Tuesday, February 10, 2015

I have Zero Willpower!

When I saw Melissa at Happy Quilting was hosting the Irish Chain Twist Quilt-Along, I knew I really had too much going on and would have to pass this time. Well, that was last week...this week I caved!




Here is Melissa's graphic for the quilt. I compromised with myself and will do a smaller baby quilt this time. I look forward to seeing how this quilt is constructed - it has me intrigued.








I decided to use up more of my 1930's reproduction fabrics. I continue to discover small pieces in my stash so finding a home for them is perfect.





This week we needed to get our pieces cut. I decided to go with a peachy orange for the x block, green for the petal blocks and will hopefully be able to use up the purples for the patchwork blocks. Kona snow will be used for the background.




And the rains quit for a bit so I wandered around my gardens - Well Hello Spring!



If you are interested in more ways to follow me, you can find me on Craftsy, Facebook, Pinterest, Bloglovin', Feedly, Instagram, Google +, or get my blog sent right to your email inbox by entering your email address on the right sidebar! 

 
 
Linking up:

 

9 comments:

Jasmine said...

It does look like a fun quilt. I can totally see why you caved. ;)

Melissa Corry said...

Oh, that is going to be so pretty. I am so glad you decided to come along. I always love your finishes :) And yes, your purples should work, you just might have to cut out the squares and rectangles and then piece together rather than strip piecing :)

Ruth said...

I'd love to make a small quilt with that pattern too- too many deadlines and commitments this month but will follow your progress eagerly- like the colours you've chosen!

Sandra Walker said...

Oh how lovely to find! In your garden, I meant, (crocus, right?) but also in your stash! LOL

Susan said...

I recognized those pieces--I'm doing the same quilt-along! Looking forward to seeing everyone's finish

Stitchin At Home said...

I know all about caving. I saw it and thought I really won't be able to keep up, but I like it too much not to make one.

Stephanie said...

Looking forward to seeing how this looks in 1930s repro, nice choices!

Jayne said...

Love your fabric choices! Cant wait to see how it comes together!

Lara B. said...

It is hard to resist, that for sure Cyndy. I compromised by buying Melissa's book and telling myself I could make one later this year. LOL

01 09 10