Thursday, April 30, 2015

Some Slow Stitching

Sorry it has been a bit quiet around here...this has been a rough week for me.  By the time I get finished each day quilting on client quilts, there just hasn't been much energy left to sew on my own projects.  I really want to whine but I am the one who wrote my schedule!

Needless to say, I have been hitting the sofa in the evening and putting my feet up.  But in the little time that I have stayed awake, I have managed to finish up another english paper pieced hexagon star.



 Each block is fairly large - measuring 12" point to point.




With only 7 blocks finished to date, I still have a ways to go.  But it has been a nice project to have on hand when I need some nice hand stitching to relax with.

I hope to get back in my sewing room real soon!




If you are interested in more ways to follow me, you can find me on Craftsy, Facebook, Pinterest, Bloglovin', Feedly, Instagram, Google +, or get my blog sent right to your email inbox by entering your email address on the right sidebar! 
 
Linking up:

5 comments:

Jasmine said...

It is really nice to have a hand sewing project to pull out when you need something relaxing. Love the looks of yours.

Karen H said...

I really like your dinner plate size hexagons!

DianeLoves2Quilt said...

Sometimes having a project that you work on bit by bit instead of in one super organized chain pieced push is relaxing. It is like the comfort of sitting down with an old friend.

Lara B. said...

Those hexagon stars are going to make and awesome quit Cyndy! Keep those feet elevated and your back nice and stretched out whenever you can!

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Yes, it's nice to do some slow stitching from time to time... I love the look of your hexi stars!

01 09 10