Wednesday, February 3, 2016

February OMG Goal

I have always used various Finish Alongs to help me keep focused on finishing UFOs.  Now that they are getting under control, I have decided to use OMG (One Monthly Goal at Red Letter Quilts) to keep me focused on sewing up my older fabric stash.  Each month I plan on making a fabric pull that will be used to make a quilt that month.  I will try my best to gather up fabrics that will work for the quilt top, the backing and the binding - all from my stash.



Here is the fabric pull for February.  Once I figure out what to do with it, I might need to add a few more pieces...but only from my stash!  The fabric on the bottom is an ancient Jennifer Sampou print.


grab button for RedLetterQuilts


So I had better get cutting if this is going to be a quilt by the end of the month.  Be sure and head over to Red Letter Quilts to see what other bloggers have planned for the month.



Linking Up:

Red Letter Quilts




13 comments:

Karen said...

Very pretty fabrics. I am looking forward to seeing what you create with them.

Robby said...

Love that you've found a way to make that work for you. Those fabrics are fab, look forward to seeing what you do with them.

Libby in TN said...

Love the dots but you might want to look for yet another stripe or a plaid. I know you will come up with a great plan.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love this fabric selection. That sounds like a good way to get things done.

Ruth said...

That's a great goal, your fabric pull is telling me to buy black dotty fabric when my stash resolutions are met!!

gayle said...

Love the colors you've got pulled! Looking forward to seeing what you do with them.

Chantal said...

Plenty of gorgeous dotty fabric in there, (I love polka-dot fabrics) and the colours are so lovely together. If I didn't had a full time job I would join you in this goal as I want to use up my older fabric too. Good luck with your goal. Can't wait to see what will become of this beautiful pile. ;^)

Sew Much For Free Time said...

I have used that multi-dot with the black background as binding. It's darling! It will be fun to see what this becomes! Great idea to make a stash quilt each month!

Quiltsmiles said...

Can't wait to see what you do with this stack. Probably another something amazing!

Linda said...

Love the name of the QAL. :) Looking forward to your progress.

Lois said...

What a great idea though a month isn't long for a whole quilt. I shall watch with interest as always:))

Anja @ Anja Quilts said...

I really like this fabric pull. Can't wait to see what you create.

Jasmine said...

I love this fabric pull and look forward to seeing your progress.

01 09 10