Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Splendid Sampler Blocks

When I first saw the Hearts Aflutter block design by Pat Sloan for the Splendid Sampler, my first instinct was to hop on board.  Then I quickly reminded myself that I agreed at the beginning of the year that I was going to limit the number of projects I had going this year. 
 
Since when do I follow the rules!




So here is Block #1 - Hearts Aflutter

I decided to choose some fabrics I already have in my stash.  And since the project goes on for a year, I needed something I have lots of - and that is fabrics from the Kaffe Fassett Collective.




I modified Block #2 slightly.   It is called Wings.

All of the Splendid Sampler blocks are 6" finished.




 And here is Block #3 - Lots of Love.

I had the bright idea of starching my blocks after I finished them which distorted this one slightly.  
But I am not going back and redoing it!





Only three blocks have been released so far so there is still time to join me in this insanity without being too far behind.  The block patterns are released every Sunday and Thursday.  You can find them all on The Splendid Sampler blog.


I just hope I can keep up with everything I have heaped on my plate!

Linking Up:






14 comments:

Angie in SoCal said...

Nice and colorful blocks.

Teje said...

Hi Cynthia! Your blocks are beautiful and you picked lovely fabrics! I have been thinking: join, don't join...hmmm x Teje

Jayne said...

Do Not Tempt Me!! I am anxious to see all the blocks finished, especially since you are using Kaffe! It could make for one big beautiful and bright quilt!

SandraC said...

You sound the same as me....tempted by too many great quilts this year. I'm also doing the Splendid Sampler.

gayle said...

I'm up to my earlobes in projects, so I'm resisting this one. But I'm more than happy to watch you play with those gorgeous colors! Enjoy! (I know I will!)

My Handmade Space said...

Nice project! I'm a newbie in quilting and I really like this heart design. Thanks for sharing.

em's scrapbag said...

Love how bold your blocks are. Beautiful!

Judi Smith said...

Do I jump in?? I promised to work on UFO's ...but my toes are itching to jump in....I'll wait for one more block then decide. I'm thinking about colors, but can't decide - what else is new!!

Deb R said...

Such gorgeous colours, Ive hoped on board too lol

BengalPup said...

I promised myself I would get finish the stack of pieced quilts sitting under my longarm, so what did I do? I started 4 block of the months and two that release 2 blocks a week including this one. Right now, I feel you. On the bright side I can just print all the blocks and get to them when I get to them :) I have the splendid sampler block pieces all cut, I just need to piece them. LOVE the fabric choice!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those are gorgeous fabrics and I like the blocks too! Very tempting to join you!

Jasmine said...

Rules, schmules. You made them to work for you. ;) Love these bright colors.

Sophie said...

The patterns and the colors are so cheerful. Your blocks raise a mood for sure.

Melissa Corry said...

Your blocks all look great!!!! Love your fun hearts and that little bit will sew right in, no worries ;) So glad you decided to join the fun, and I was right with you, so much on my plate, but always wanting to make room for a little more ;)

01 09 10