Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Splendid Sampler Blocks

One of the projects that I have been steadily working on is the Splendid Sampler.  I don't normally like small blocks but I am really enjoying this quilt along.  Instructions come out on Sundays and Thursdays, which makes it fairly easy to keep up.

I have made five more blocks since I last shared my progress with you.



Block 8/100 - Friends around the Square.  I thought this block could make a great future RSC project.




 Block 9/100 - The Local Quilt Shop.  My quilt store appears to be open late and is a little ramshackle.  I am not sure what happened to it.




Block 10/100 - Iowa.  I really like this block for its simplicity.



 Block 11/100 - Crocheted Thoughts.  This was another design that I chose to make my own.  Rather than crochet a doily in the center, I chose to fussy cut a Kaffe flower.




...and here is how they look all together .  The bottom two blocks are alternate blocks.  The one on the left is one designed as part of the Splendid Sampler.  The one on the right was a block designed for Baby Lock's National Quilting Month celebration.  I really liked the block and thought it would work great if I needed a substitute.

I am already looking forward to Thursday when the next block is released!


Linking Up:

Splendid Sampler



10 comments:

SandraC said...

I like your idea to sub a block sometimes. I have so much handwork on the go that I may be "inspired" by you for the crochet block!

Anita Nelson said...

as per block 11/100, it is absolutely striking!

Jayne said...

This is coming along beautifully! Keep posting...I love seeing what you do!

gayle said...

Beautiful blocks! And there are a couple of them that have RSC possibilities... 8)

Val's Quilting Studio said...

I'm inspired by your fabric choice and need to purchase some to give myself something other than my bright polka-dots to play with. :)

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those are such pretty fabrics! I like what you did with Block 11- very You! :)

cityquilter grace said...

i like the fabrics and methods you have chosen for this sew along....embroidery isn't for everyone and doesn't always enhance a quilt...you have selected a better path in my opinion, but how can u go wrong with kaffe?

Quilt Granny said...

Your blocks look fabulous! I don't do hand embroidery well, so my crocheted thoughts block will probably/definitely get swapped out for something else somewhere along the road. LOVE your blog.

Jasmine said...

What bright fun blocks! I really like how you altered the block to make it your own.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Those are really cute - your colors are wonderful!

01 09 10