Tuesday, November 13, 2018

The First Small Quilt Purge

Because it might bring comfort and hope to someone needing a hug...

Because I feel blessed while others are given a difficult hand in life....

Because I am able to...





As the holidays approach, I always find myself going through my piles of quilts and distributing them to various organizations.  There is so much need this time of year.  I get so much enjoyment out of making them - I am happy that I can let so many of them go to find a new home.

These three will be going off to Bags of Love this next week.  The sole purpose of this organization is to provide necessities and comfort items to children in crisis due to neglect, abuse, poverty or homelessness. They try to include a quilt or blanket in every bag they distribute.

These quilts are larger in size so they will be appropriate for some older kids.  I will drop them off after hitting Target to pick up other items to donate.

If you have never donated one of your quilts, I encourage you to research organizations in your area (or those on-line) that would love your quilt(s).  

They really do mean so much to those that receive them!




15 comments:

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Cynthia, you are so generous...what a treat for someone to receive one of your lovely quilts.

Jo said...

It is a great feeling to give what you have made. I think it's a great gesture. I enjoying making and giving my quilts to charity.

Kate said...

What a great place to send some scrappy goodness. My daughter calls her quilts hugs from home, they do add a lot of comfort to peoples lives.

Barb Neiwert said...

And because it just feels good to pay it forward!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

You have such a big heart! I love it!

Bernie Kringel said...

The perfect post for reading this morning - It is National Kindness Day and this is a great example of kindness! :-)

em's scrapbag said...

I feel the same way. Plus I figure it frees up room for more quilts. I'm sure your quilts will bring comfort and love. Keep up the good work!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

What a festive way to start the holiday season! I admire your generosity.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your quilts will be greatly appreciated, I know! Thanks for the inspiration!

Louise said...

Lovely quilts given with a loving heart :)

Vicki in MN said...

Very awesome to donate some I totally agree. I haven't done as much this year as normal, maybe next year will be better. It gives such a warm fuzzy feeling to do so.

Ellie said...

It’s a great feeling to give away something that we have enjoyed making!

audrey said...

I love your philosophy about giving. We have such a huge extended family and then there is our church so I haven't had reason to go outside of that for giving yet. It's wonderful to share these beautiful things we make with people in need, whatever that need might be!

Preeti said...

Sending hugs and best wishes to you. It is a good reminder - to be kind and caring - this time of the year.

Sharon said...

I agree...it is wonderful to be able to give away our quilts to make someone happy. I gave a friend of mine a quilt for her and one for her first grandbaby, she could not believe it. I told her it makes ME happy and I can make more!

01 09 10