Thursday, December 26, 2019

Best of 2019

For the last five years, Cheryl over at Meadow Mist Designs has hosted the "Best of" the year event.  I always enjoy going back through my posts to see what quilts I made - some of my all-time favorites were made in 2019.


Early in the year, I finished my colorwash postage stamp quilt.  This one has become a favorite in my trunkshow.  People are always fascinated to hear how I made it and look at all the different fabrics used in this lovely scrap quilt.



I also finished my Splendid Sampler quilt this year.  This was probably the most work I have put into making a quilt - the blocks where 6" and many had dozens of pieces to them.  I did not make all 100 blocks and added in a few of my own designs.  I enjoyed the process of making this quilt but I found myself not that attached to it.  Right after I posted the finish, someone offered to buy it and it quickly was sent off to a new home.



The post with the most views this year was definitely my Scrappy Kaffe Fassett quilt.  I have made this design numerous times and it is always popular and shared by many.  This design is one of my Scrap-A-Palooza designs and I have been thinking about making another one.



The quilt most talked about was one I finished fairly recently.  It was a simple Color Block quilt that was one of last year's Rainbow Scrap Challenge quilts and was made entirely from 2.5" squares.  That's it!

I think that is what is so intriguing about this quilt.  



And my personal favorite finish for the year is my Improv Garden quilt.  It now hangs in my Livingroom and travels with me to trunkshows.  I start teaching this technique in March and can't wait to see what quilts get created in the future.



A big thanks to Cheryl for hosting this event.  I hope you take some time to check out her blog and the links to other bloggers that have linked up.  

You just might find some inspiration for your 2020 quilts!




Linking Up:



23 comments:

Chantal said...

Colorwash postage stamp is my favourite too. Love to see it again. ;^)

The Joyful Quilter said...

Those were definitely some wonderful finishes for the year 2019, Cynthia!!

Cheryl said...

I love the rainbow goodness of your finishes for 2019!

Louise said...

It's like seeing old friends to read this post! I love all these quilts because they are so full of color and movement and scrappy goodness :)

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

You have finished some great quilts this year! I think my favorite is the Color Block quilt. Thanks for the inspiration all year long!

Mystic Quilter said...

So much vibrant colour!! I definitely couldn't pick a favourite from all these stunning quilts, but, I think if I had to I would be going with KF!!!

Clare M said...

Love all your quilts Cynthia. Thank you for all the inspiration and eye candy over 2019. I look forward to seeing you create new and beautiful quilts in the new decade!! Doesn't that sound scary. If I had to pick one, it would be the colourwash one. Solely because I did a Y2K quilt out of 2.5 squares - 2000 of them colourwashed. Loved it. Hugs and blessings to you and your family for the New Year.

Vera said...

Nice work! Colorwash looks awesome for sure. No wonder it is favorite at your shows ;)

Jayne said...

Gorgeous and it's always nice to revisit projects! Your color wash quilts have become some of my favorites!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I like them all!!! Great little quilt show for my morning!

Rochelle aka Bella Quilts said...

Beautiful quilts and so remarkable since most are made with scraps. From following your blog, I know you are working on many different quilts at the same time, using up scraps and creating new ones. I am always impressed with your creations. Thanks for the show.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Beautiful quilts, I love your personal favorite too!

Lisa J. said...

These are all lovely scrappy quilts and give us all a lot of inspiration, I'm sure.

Claire Alexander said...

A fun year end review!

Anne / Springleaf Studios said...

So nice to see many of your 2019 quilts all in one post. You had lots of great finishes. Look forward to what you'll make next year. Have a fun, creative 2020.

Mel Beach said...

Your quilts are scraptastic and have me rethinking my stash of scraps--especially your rainbow postage stamp one. Wow!!

tahoe34 said...

I would love to make a garden quilt. Is there some sort of pattern that you offer?

Danice G said...

All are so pretty, I love them all! Excellent work, You really accomplished a lot.

Emily said...

These are all such lovely finishes, it's great to see them again. I especially love that improv garden--so fresh and pretty! Happy New Year!

Kris said...

Love them all but the postage stamp...lovely!

Preeti said...

Love all your projects, Cynthia, but the Colorblock quilt is oh so yummy!!! I am sure that the Improv Garden Quilt was a labor of love - one flower at a time. You have been an inspiration and I wish you lots of joy and creativity in the new year.

Kate said...

You just work magic with scraps. I've enjoyed seeing all your scrappy projects this year. My favorite set of posts this year were your orphan block projects.

Sarah Goer Quilts said...

It's great to see the highlights. I especially love the rainbow quilt at the top. :-)

01 09 10