Friday, February 21, 2020

Another CIL Finish

I hope you are not getting tired of seeing all of these Covered In Love finishes.  But right now, they are about the only personal quilts I have been working on.  Today I am sharing quilt number four out of seven.  I am over halfway there!!



I decided on a diagonal layout for these blocks - so the light and dark fabrics flow right across the quilt.

You can see the quilting really shows - I stitched in a simple freehand ruffly flower across the quilt.


Kat had sent me a lot of large cuts for the backings.  There was a lovely Hawaiian print that I was able to add in a purple inset in to make it large enough.  These quilts finish up at 60 x 72 so they are a nice large lap size.  I used the trimmings of the Hawaiian fabric from the sides for the binding.


 Here is a full photo of the quilt.  This is another layout I really like made from these blocks.

I have three more quilts' worth of blocks waiting for me to sew up.  Quilt number five is on my design wall just waiting to be sewn up.  I don't know how Kat (and company) stays enthused about sewing up similar blocks month after month.  

Thankfully these blocks lend themselves to lots of different layouts.

I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend.  Spring is here in the PNW and I was able to get outside and pull weeds for a couple hours this week.  It was wonderful!




Linking Up:



15 comments:

Turid said...

Lovely. The layout for this one is great.

Linda said...

I really like the diagonal layout for this one, and oh the colors are just gorgeous! Yay for having a little spring going on in your world. I love cold weather but I'm actually ready for it (but not summer!)

grammajudyb said...

This one Is “sew”cool! I’m glad to see that funky lime green chicken print doesn’t jump out too badly. I’ve just about used that one up! I bought 2 yards to make pj pants for a Quilt Chicks retreat! Everybody made pajama pants in this print! I still have the pj pants, but there sure was lots left over. The scraps that keep on giving!

Michelle @ From Bolt to Beauty said...

I love your choice of quilting design here. I quilt on a domestic and hope to (one day!) be able to free-motion quilt fluffy little flowers like yours. Beautiful!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

You've found another fun layout! Can there possibly be seven different ones?! :) I never get tired of seeing what you come up with.

The Joyful Quilter said...

You have Spring and we had SNOW yesterday. Granted, most of it is gone this afternoon! It was good of you to do these quilts for Kat. This one turned out great (just like the other three!)

Louise said...

I'm really enjoying seeing all these different layouts. And your quilting looks wonderfully texturey (that's a real word, isn't it?) I would never have thought to use a floral for the binding, and it works great :)

Lindah said...

So pretty! The quilting really takes it up a notch. Or two.

Cathy said...

I’ve loved seeing all your CIL quilts (and no, we’re not getting tired of them! I think it’s great that you’re helping Kat out with the assembly.

Jayne said...

This is so much fun to watch! I love seeing the different layouts and when you've finished all seven, I hope you do a post showing all of them!

Kat said...

To be honest I think I'm the only one who doesn't get worn out by the repetition. But I'm the kind of person who happily eats the same thing every day and watches re-runs of the same tv shows ;)

Kate said...

Congrats on making it past the halfway point. It's been fun to see the different layouts you've worked out with those blocks. Hopefully you don't run out of steam on the last three.

compusword said...

We do not tired of seeing your CIL Quilts!
I love the value play across this finish. I am making notes and putting them in my scrap box. Gosh what a great chunk of Fabric buster!
Thank you for posting the quilts. Liz in Houston

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Look at you!! Halfway there - that is awesome - we love seeing them!!

Mystic Quilter said...

Definitely not tired of the CIL quilt photos!! Love this layout.

01 09 10