Thursday, September 17, 2020

Fall 2020 Quilty Orphan Adoption Event

Do you have a long list of UFOs that you feel like you will never get done?  Adopting out an unloved UFO may be a better option than finishing it yourself!



I have been working for years to continue to work down my list.  I think I am under 20 projects now.  But every once in a while, I start something that I know I don't want to finish.  And with a LONG list of quilts I want to make in the future, I find it is nice to pass the unwanted onto someone else.

So a number of years ago, I started hosting a twice yearly event that allows others to link up their unloved items and send them off to someone else to finish.  Probably close to a hundred quilts have been adopted and finished.

Well my friends, it is time again to look through those projects and see if there are items that you would like to get into the hands of someone who will finish them!







Above is a photo of a quilt that was made from orphans I sent off.  I still can't believe the beauty that was made from a bunch of bits and blocks I never liked.  If I had not sent it off, it would still probably reside in a bag in my cupboard.

And the quilt was donated to a children's charity so that warms my heart!


**************************************************************

Now it is time for this Fall's Quilty Adoption Event!

Orphan Adoption Event

September 17th through September 19th 2020

Here are some more details:

1.  I am going to ask that any "orphan" linked up must be given away for free.  (If you are wanting to destash for money, there are other venues to do that.)  I think it is fair that if you need to, you can ask that shipping costs be paid.  Just be sure and put that information clearly in your post.  And know that both parties enter into the deal at their own risk.  I hold no responsibility.
2. Have clear pictures and descriptions on what you are putting up for adoption.
3. Define the criteria for how you will decide who will adopt the item.  Is it a random number giveaway, do you only want it to go to charity, or is there some other criteria that needs to be met?
4.  Be sure and identify where you are located and where you are willing to ship to.
5. Define how long you are keeping the adoption open and when you expect to award the adoption.
6. Remember to link back to my blog so your readers can see what else is being offered.  And feel free to grab a button!

The ability to link up your blog, Instagram, Flickr, or Facebook post will be open through the end of the day Saturday September 19th PST.  You can award your adoption on any date you choose after Sunday the 20th.  Feel free to offer as little or as much as you want.  It can be blocks, books/patterns, kits, printed panels, fabric, quilt tops...anything that you hope someone else will use and you wish to get rid of the burden.


********************


And if you are looking to adopt a project, please read each blog post and be sure you only offer to adopt those orphans you know you can finish.  The object of this event is to get these things finished, not just stored on another shelf.  Thanks!


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter




Linking Up:


6 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I have an orphan for adoption, just have to finish the post! Thanks for hosting, Cyndy!

floribunda said...

So frustrating -- so far only 1 of the 5 people who've asked for my scraps has an email address -- all the rest are "no-reply". A perennial problem, I guess! Thanks for continuing to host these give-away parties!

dq said...

THis is a sweet and fun idea! I will have to think about maybe getting involved.

Louise said...

Wow, what a gorgeous quilt made from your orphans! I love the thin black vertical sashing. Great way to make those columns look like they were designed to be together.

Thanks for hosting this each year! I'm an orphan receiver and it's so fun to get a chance at some of these giveaways. Can't seem to part with any myself, but that's OK. I do finish them :)

Nann said...

Oh, drat! I missed the link up. Maybe next time.

Tami Von Zalez said...

Durn, I missed the linkup again. So much going on ....

01 09 10