Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Hands2Help Quilt Drive

 Today I just want to remind everyone that the Hands2Help Comfort Quilt Challenge has begun!


H2H 2021 Avatar


Every year the wonderful Sarah over at Confessions of a Fabric Addict holds an event where hundreds of quilts get donated to charities.  It is an event that I have participated in for years.    

You can read more about the event here.



I think this event is a great way to use your scraps to create a fun quilt.  This is a simple quilt I made using a rainbow of colors.  The zig zag blocks are made with 2.5" strips.




This is one I made using a bunch of leftover 2.5" binding strips to make some 16 patch blocks.  once I ran out of strips, I dug in my scraps and made some simple four patches.

Quilts don't have to be elaborate to bring comfort to someone.  In fact, I think it is more important they are a bright and colorful.

And if you don't want to start from scratch, I was just contact by Erin over My Patchwork Life who has an abundance of blocks listed on her blog that you can adopt, assemble and donate a quilt.  

Easy Peasy!

You will be seeing some of my quilts for the event soon.  I think you have until June to get them finished but I like to get a head start....hoping maybe I can finish one or two more than initially planned.




1 comment:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Two lovely quilts for a wonderful quilt drive, Cynthia!!

01 09 10