Friday, December 23, 2022

Wintry Finish

 With the freezing temperatures and icy weather, I thought today would be a good day to share a winter themed little quilt.



It is hard to say if this quilt is technically an orphan block or a scrap quilt.  It all started with a few long strip sets I received in a scrap bag.  I decided to sew them all together and them chop them up into 4.5" sections.  The center was very easy to make.  In the scrap bag were also quite a few black 1.5" strips to frame things up nicely.  



There were also some HSTs that I turned into pinwheel blocks for the outer corners.  I needed a small bit of yardage for the border and checked with a friend to see if she had any from this fabric collection.  She had a few pieces, so I was able to cobble together enough for the border.  Thank goodness the buffalo plaid made it easy to hide the seams.



I was also able to cobble together the backing.




The quilt is only about 40 x 45".  But I do love the lodge feel it has.  I am going to send this one as a donation quilt to the hospital.  It can go to a child or maybe a wheelchair bound person that needs a pick-me-up.

So many fun quilts are hidden away in those scrap bags!


BTW - Sunday is Christmas, so I am going to sleep in.  Oh Scrap! will be postponed until the following Sunday (which will be the first day of the new year.). 
Everybody ready with their 2023 RSC blocks?






7 comments:

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

I really like how the Buffalo plaid frames out the quilt. Merry Christmas, I hope you have a cozy and restful day!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That's a warm and cozy quilt! Love the fun prints. Have a wonderful Christmas snuggling up with Artie!

Julierose said...

Nice work on sewing those strip sets together--I love that Buffalo plaid fabric so much with those colors...so neat--Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to
you and yours. hugs, Julierose

Shepherdess55 said...

Merry Christmas!
Wishing you all the best in 2023.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Love it - and super perfect use of those fabrics!!

Kate said...

Hope you had a very Merry Christmas. Definitely a fun finish, that buffalo plaid really makes the quilt.

Michele said...

Your cobbled together project turned out nicely.

01 09 10