Friday, March 24, 2023

Rail Fence Quilts #14 and #15

 Whew!

I made it to the end of the rail fence block drive!  I still have about 30 blocks that I will use at a later date with some leftover fabrics that coordinate beautifully.



Here is quilt #14 - it measures 55 x 65".



At this point, I am running on empty in my brown stash so luckily a friend donated two very alike pieces that I was able to finish off this one.  The binding was made from the trimmings from a previous back - nothing goes to waste!



And finally, quilt #15 -  measuring 50" x 60".



This quilt used up 5 different brown pieces to make its backing.

So there you have it.  We will all enjoy seeing something new here on this blog.  We are already working on the next block drive.  I have started piecing tops and even have one quilted already.

If you would like to read more about these Compassion Quilts, you can look up and select the Compassion Quilt tab for the page with all the details.

A huge thanks to everyone who helped make these quilts!





Linking Up:

6 comments:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh its win win - you are using up fabrics, you are covering people in love, and!! you get to get new stuff... I love it!!
These are beautiful!!!!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Your blue rail fences look great! Finishes feel great. Such a wonderful gift someone is going to receive!!!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Wow, that's fantastic. I'm so glad your friends had fabric to help get these finished and have fun with the next drive!

Ivani said...

Congrats Cynthia this is a beautiful quilt and I love the pieced brown backing also. So kind of you making all those beautiful quilts for donation.

Turid said...

So fun. This is a many purpose quilt, and I love it.

Anne said...

Really impressive quilt block drive. Bless you.

01 09 10