Thursday, June 27, 2013

Snowflakes in June


It is hot outside but snowflakes are carpeting my front lawn! English Paper Pieced snowflakes that is!


Just finished this quilt top and thought I would share.  Sorry about the shadow in the shot - didn't catch that on the camera.









I think I started this in late April so it went together very quickly.  It is going to be for me to use during the holidays.  yay!









I still have to give it a good press, pull out some papers, and stay-stitch the edge.

In my quilting studio, my personal pile of quilts is almost getting as large as the customer pile!  I had better start squeezing them into the schedule.








 I wish my big shasta daisies were more in bloom for a better backdrop.  I will share this one again once I get it quilted.  Hopefully that happens before December!  Thanks for stopping by!!


Linking up this Friday with Can I get a Whoop Whoop?, Link a Finish Friday, and TGIFF.  Be sure and visit them to see many amazing projects!

23 comments:

Alyce @ Blossom Heart Quilts said...

Oh it's gorgeous! I love the fun colours, and the snowflake pattern is very cool. Pun intended ;)

Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation said...

what a beautiful quilt! love the colors and the pattern! I would love for you to share this awesome project up at Needle and Thread Thursday! It will be open through tomorrow.

:) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

Vera said...

That is awesome! Love it. The colors and pattern as well.

Leanne Parsons said...

I love the snowflakes! Great job.

Taryn V. said...

Beautiful quilt! The colors and the pattern are so great. I love the spots of white in the middle of each snowflake.

Barb Neiwert said...

You are on a roll with your own quilts! We're waiting to see them quilted, so you had best put one of yours in the loop every week!

Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation said...

I am so glad you decided to link up! Thank you!

:) Kelly

knottygnome said...

wow very pretty! love the colors of the snowflakes.

Becca said...

Love your snowflakes on the lawn, I've been working on a hexie quilt so appreciate the labour of love here

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

Wow! Such a cute layout... it's just gorgeous!

Susan at TheBoredZombie.com said...

Lovely! Thanks for sharing it!

Paula@TheSassyQuilter said...

Those really do look like snowflakes! Who knew...(well you did). Great colors too.

Laura B said...

This is really cool. Actually it looks kind of like a jigsaw puzzle to me. Awesome work!

M-R Charbonneau said...

Oh, Cynthia, it's gorgeous! I love it! I love the snowflake effect. Hope you don't mind that I pinned it. Gotta try this someday. Thanks for linking up to TGIFF!

Kymberly said...

I love the snowflakes and those colors. It will be such a nice quilt to use during the holidays.

Karen said...

Gorgeous quilt! Visiting from Link a Finish Friday :o)

Sarah Craig said...

It's beautiful, Cynthia! Such a creative way to use hexies! Whoop whoop!!

Jessica said...

Completely in love with this! So creative!!

Chirpy said...

Where do you purchase your paper pieces?

Quilting Stories said...

Really nice, it's the first time I see such an arrangement of hexies!

Anonymous said...

Hi Cynthia! I'm so happy to see your beautiful quilt! Wow, snowflakes are freat idea - not always hexy flowers! Now I know what to do with my hexagons. x Teje

dq said...

bEAUTIFUL! i LOVE HEXI QUILTS!

Val's Quilting Studio said...

I've never seen this snowflake pattern....love it! Perfect post to rejuvenate!!! You amaze me at how much you get done girl!

01 09 10