Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Red White and Blue



Today I'm just sharing a quilt top I finished using some older scraps that have been in my stash for quite some time. When you are a long time quilter, you end up with fabric bits that you just don't want to use in your contemporary projects.  I thought this would be a good way to use them up.







While this would have been awesome in more modern fabrics, I really am pleased with how it turned out.

It was made from 2 1/2" strips.  Very easy and quick!!








It sure looks pretty photographed around my gardens.









I might have to move it up in the quilting queue and get it done so I can use it this summer for picnics!



Sharing this finish with Show & Tell Tuesday at I have to Say, Sew Cute Tuesday at Better Off Thread and WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced.

16 comments:

Susan Owenby said...

I think it is pretty great in not so modern fabrics! Thanks so much for sharing it. :)

Anita said...

This quilt looks great. You have a really good color balance here. And your hydrangeas look great too! I agree, it would be nice to have for picnics.

Mary said...

Great Quilt! The perfect examples of how you can make a rather simple design, very vibrant by using color vibrations! Congratulations.

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

It looks great and your photography shows its beauty so well.

trish said...

Your quilt looks fabulous! :o)

knottygnome said...

it's so bright and bold! great pattern.

Sara said...

very patriotic looking which is perfect for our upcoming celebration of our country!! Lovely quilt!

AmandaK@whatthebobbin said...

Love this. It is really striking.

Kathy said...

Picnic is exactly what I thought of when I saw the quilt spread out on the grass...great job!

Barb said...

Great picnic quilt, indeed! You're ready for the Fourth!!!

thebutterflyquilter said...

I love the way this came out! Would be great for the 4th this coming week!

wombatquilts.com said...

Wow. Love the colours and pattern of this quilt.

The Sassy Quilter said...

Looks like a great quilt for the fourth of July! I think you should move it up the list:)

Pamela said...

I really like this - nice colors!

Ruth Bourke said...

I have a picnic quilt with Dresdens in mind but can never seem to get to it. I could see myself sitting on this in the sunshine - it looks great - definitely picnic material!

ZeedleBeez said...

That quilt is gorgeous!!!

01 09 10